Chapter 11

"Are you going to drive?" Ashton asked. He held up his keys.

"No," I replied. I was the worst driver ever. I had failed the driver's test seven times before I gave up. I didn't want any more disappointment.

Ashton sighed as he got into the car. "You really need to learn. You can't go around without a driver's licsense."

"Yes, I can. I'll be living in New York as a journalist. Anywhere I need to go I can just walk or take a taxi," I said. Ashton started the car, and I belted myself in.

"That's really sad," Ashton said.

"No, it's my plan," I said.

"I'm going to teach you how to drive one of these days," Ashton said.

"My dad said the same thing, but here we are," I said.

"You're not going to learn if you don't try," Ashton said.

"I did try, but I failed," I said.

"Your dad probably just sucks at teaching," Ashton said.

"No, Louis, Liam, Niall, Leigh-Anne, and Zayn all tried to teach me, but it didn't work out very well. I almost crashed Liam's car," I said.

"I'm trying now. This time you'll learn because I'm teaching you," Ashton said.

The car jerked to a stop at a red light. He was almost as bad of a driver as I was. "You were saying?" I asked.

Ashton gave me a glare as the light turned green. "I know someone who can teach you. He's really good at driving.He taught me, and I thought I was as hopless as you."

I rolled my eyes. In a montone I said," Haha, you're hilarious."

"I know. I was thinking the exact same thing," Ashton said. We were quiet for a while.

"Should I put music on?" I asked him. He nodded. I got out my phone and plugged it into the car speakers. I started to play the Shakespears.

The Shakespears were my absolute favorite band. They beat every other band. They were a mixture of so many music styles that just blended into beautiful songs. Every one of them made you want to cry or just dance the night away. They were so incredible.

"You listen to The Shakespears?" Ashton said.

"Yes! They're my favorite band. My mother and I always listened to them together," I said.

"I've never seen you listen to them," Ashton said.

"I listen to them all the time," I argued. I could think of at least twenty times I had listened to them in front of Ashton.

"Name one time," Ashton said.

"Yesterday when I went running," I said.

"Another time."

"The day before when I was cleaning my room." I said.

Ashton groaned loudly. "You're telling me you listen to them all the time?" I nodded. "It's because you're a quiet listener."

"I'm a what?"

"A quiet listener. You never blast music. You always have them quietly playing in your ear buds," Ashton said.

"Is that a problem?" I asked. I didn't want to force people to listen to my music. They might not like it.

"It's just weird because. They're Luke's favorite band, and he constantly is blasting them,"Ashton said. I gaped at him. Luke liked The Shakespears. I couldn't believe it.