Chapter 13

"Let's go this way," Louis said. He grabbed my hand and tried to change the route to our next class.

"If we got that way we'll be late," I said, pulling him back.

"Then we'll walk quickly," Louis said. He tried to pull me on the detour again.

"No, we're going this way," I said. Louis was just being weird. I turned back to our normal route. I wasn't going to be late for French. Louis could be if he wanted, but I was never late.

"No, let's not," Louis said. I could see in his eyes that he was nervous about something. He frantically looked around.

"Louis, what's with you?" I asked.

"Nothing," Louis replied quickly. Too quickly. He was looking at someone. I could guess who it was from there.

"It's Crystal, isn't it?" I asked. Louis looked away. "Louis, we're going to run into her. We both go to this school. I can't just not see her." I knew that. Louis, not so much.

"Yes, you can. Now shut up and come this way before she notices us," Louis said. He tried to pull me through again.

"No," I said firmly. I took my hand back. "I'm going that way. She's not going to talk to me. She never does. She looks at me with hate, and I ignore her. That's it. I can walk past her. I have last period with her after all."

Louis looked at me nervously. "I still don't want my baby girl to end up in hysterics."

"I won't."

"Yes, you will," an annoying voice said behind me. I turned around to see Crystal.

"Show her some sass," Louis whispered in my ear.

"Leave us," I whispered back. Louis gave me an unsure look, but when I gave him a nod, he left us to go to French class.

I was left with Crystal. She was wearng trashy fish net stockings and shorts. It was late Frebruary. She shouldn't have been wearing those clothes. With this weather, she could get hypothermia. That wouldn't be a bad thing though.

"I still despise you. I don't care about anything that happened. I don't care if this whole school is wrapped around your finger. I still hate you," Crystal said. The late bell rang through the halls. I was going to be late for class because of someone I hated. That's just great.

I brought up my emotional wall. I had constructed it for Luke, but it worked for Crystal too. It was my defense against their mean comments.

"The feeling's returned," I said in a monotone. I gave her a small smile. It infuriated her.

"The people here will see you for what you are one day. I'll tell them like I told them in sixth grade," Crystal said with ice in her tone.

"No one likes jealousy, Crysty," I said using the old nickname Crystal hated. Our hate for each other went far back.

"Don't call me that," Crystal snarled.

"I'll call you whatever I want, Crysty" I said. I normally didn't like being mean, but Crystal was a whole different game.

"You're an ugly, fat wh**e!" Crystal yelled at me. I pretended I wasn't fazed by her comment.

"You're one to talk,"I said with a smile. I batted my eyelashes at her before walking off.

"I'll destroy you! I will!" Crystal yelled. I ignored her and kept the smile plastered on my face. I just had to get around the corner.

Finally I reached it. I ran into the nearest bathroom. Luckily no one was inside. I leaned on the counter and cried my eyes out.