Chapter 10

I entered my house and called to my mom. "Mom! Mother! Mama! Mére! Madre! Mommy! Mum! Mummy! I'm home!" I didn't get a reply, and she hated when I did that. I assumed she wasn't home or she would've have yelled at me.

I put my iPod in the speakers and started blasting Coldplay. They came out with an album the year before, and I was still obssesed. 'Viva La Vida' was my life.

I went into the bathroom and looked at my makeup face. Sylvia had told me all about Taylor's major crush on this kid named Harry while she had done my makeup in the car. It was fun.

Harry went to another school, but supposedly he was hawt. H. A. W. T. Hawt. Not hot, hawt. A whole new spelling of the word was made to explain how gorgeous this Harry guy was.

I took my hair out of the painfully high and tight ponytail. I don't get why cheerleading pony tails have to be so tight. It feels like my hair is slowly being ripped out.

I shooky my hair out. It looked like a lion's mane. I giggled as I clawed at my reflection in the mirror.

Now it was time for my clown makeup. My mom had makeup remover tissues in her bathroom. I'd have to move to get them. I groaned. Moving wasn't fun. Being lazy was fun.

Finally I got the energy to get up and go get the remover. It took five minutes of staring at my clown face to get it.

I danced my way into my parents room. I opened the door to their bathroom, and my heart stopped. My blood turned to ice in my veins.

"MOM! MOM! MOM!" I screamed. I dropped onto my knees as salty tears spilled down my cheeks.

-

"Sierra," Luke said. He shook me awake. My eyes opened wide and I shot up into a sitting position. I gripped my sheets tightly.

"Luke, I-" I tried to explain.

Luke interrupted me before I could say anything. "Do you want to play cards?" He held up a deck of cards.

"What?" I asked. I knew I was thrashing and quite possibly screaming in my sleep. I had run out of my sleep meds the day before. This is what happened when I didn't have them. I was plagued with horrible dreams.

"Do you want to play cards? What don't you get about the simple question?" Luke said. He shook the deck.

"Bu-"

"It's a yes or no question, Sierra," Luke said with annoyance.

"Sure," I said with confusion. Luke sat on my bed and brought his legs into a criss-cross. He started to deal the cards.

"What do you want to play? I would suggest strip poker, but that's not getting by with you," Luke said.

"Go Fish," I said. Luke rolled his eyes, but dealt out the cards.

"Are you excited to be going to a public school?" Luke asked. Monday I would be attending my first official day as a student of Lincoln High. I would no longer be a Jefferson girl.

I shrugged. "I'm nervous. I mean I already know people, but after today I won't be sitting with Perrie at lunch. I won't be gossiping with Jesy. It'll be so different."

"Good different or bad different?" Luke asked.

"I don't know. Do you have seven?" I said. Luke threw me one of his cards.

"Erica seemed to adore you," Luke said with amusement.

"Yeah, she was nice," I said. I really liked Erica. Her friends were nice, too.