Chapter 21

"Hey, Sierra," Jack said flirtatiously.

"Hi," I said quietly. I got the rest of my books out of my locker. I didn't want to go to first period with him. He awkwardly flirted with me the whole time.

Jack leaned against my locker. "I was just listening around and heard something. Do you know what I heard?"

I cursed Louis out in my mind. I didn't want to have this conversation. "No, please tell me?" I said politely.

"I heard that you like me. The thing is I like you, too. Do you want to go out with me?" Jack said. He raised his eyebrow suggestively.

I leaned against the lockers. "I'm-"

"Not ready for a relationship, so beat it," Luke finished for me. He took my books from me. For some reason he refused to let me carry my own stuff.

Jack held his hands up in defense. "Sorry, man. I didn't mean to hit on your girl."

"I'm not his girl," I said. I hated how guys used that term. You can't belong to someone. At least as long as you're not a slave, but that's a long abolished concept.

"Whatever. I'll see you in first period. I'm out," Jack said with a salute.

"He's weird," I laughed as we watched him leave.

"There it is again," Luke said with a small smile.

"There is what again?" We started walking toward my first class.

"Your giggle. I don't think I'll ever hear you actually laugh," Luke said.

"I do laugh! That's my laugh. It just sounds like a giggle," I said.

"You don't laugh, you giggle," Luke argued. I pushed him with my shoulders. He pushed me back. We kept doing this all the way to my first period.

Luke came in and put my books on a desk. "I'll see you when the period ends," he promised.

I leaned against the desk. "I'll be waiting."

"Good," Luke said before he left. The bell soon rung, and Jack filled the seat beside me.

"Is it true you're dating Luke?" Jack asked. I looked at him with confusion. "It's just that was another rumor I heard, and I saw you two together. It just seemed like it."

I shook my head with a laugh. "No, we're not. Just friends." With benefits my subconscious added again.

"He likes you," Jack said. I laughed at that. Luke didn't like me. He just wanted to get me naked.

"It's true. I'm a guy. Trust me. He carries your stuff to your first class, meet you before your second, gets annoyed when another guys flirts with you.... He likes you, Sierra," Jack assured. I covered my face with my hands. Luke didn't like me.

"Guys don't like me," I said with embarrassment.

Jack rolled his eyes but didn't say anything. Instead he faced his aunt in front of the room.

Luke met me after first period. He walked with me to second period. And then to third and fourth. He met at my locker before lunch.

"Ready?" Luke asked. I took my lunch bag out.

"Ready," I confirmed. We walked to the cafeteria together.

"Where's Harry?" I asked. I didn't see him anywhere.

"He's a senior, remember? He and Louis are eating lunch together," Luke said. Seniors were lucky enough to be able to leave at lunch time.

"Just you, me, and the girls?" I said.