Chapter 24

I waited for Jack to come for our date. He was late. Of course he was.

"Do you want another water?" the waiter asked. I knew he felt bad for me. It looked like Jack had stood me up. I was starting to think that.

"No, thanks," I said. He smiled at me and left.

"Sierra." I saw Jack waving at me from the front of the restaurant. He came over. "Sorry, I'm late. Traffic was horrible." It wasn't. I checked.

"I've been here for an hour," I said.

Jack kissed my cheek. "Yeah, I know. I'm really sorry about that. At least I'm here now though. You look hot by the way."

"Thanks," I said.

"No probs, girl. Hey, you wanna' hear a joke?" Jack asked.

"Sure," I said. I was still a bit angry at him for being being so late. My tone definitely showed it, but I don't think Jack heard it.

"Women's rights." Jack cackled while I looked at him with disgust.

"That wasn't funny," I said.

Jack was still laughing. "Yeah, it was. Do you want to hear another one? How do yo fix the dishwasher? You smack her. Hahaha, that one's really funny."

"Jack, stop that. Those aren't funny. They're just mean," I said. He was really making me mad right now.

"Ah, you don't get it. Anyway, what do you think you'll be getting? I'm all for the steak. Do you want a salad or something?" Jack asked.

"Why do you automatically assume I'm getting a salad?" I asked.

"Because you're a girl. Girls always get salads," Jack said. He flipped through the menu.

"I was thinking of getting the spaghetti," I said. Jack snorted. "What? What's so funny about that?"

"You're getting the salad," Jack said.

"I can get whatever I want."

"My girl gets salad."

"I'm not your girl."

"Yes, you are. You're my girlfriend. You're my girl." Jack wasn't even looking at me as we argued.

"I don't belong to you." Jack snorted. "I don't belong to anyone."

"Sierra, please shut up. You sound annoying," Jack said. I pressed my lips into a firm line.

"Don't get mad at me. I'm only telling you the truth. Don't girls like that stuff?" Jack said.

"I want to go home," I said.

"Don't act like this."

"I want to go home," I said more firmly. Jack was worse than Luke was.

"After dinner, I promise,"Jack said.

"I want to go home now."

"Alright, just pay the bill, and we can go," Jack said.

"Excuse me?" He wanted me to pay for dinner on our first date. Absolutely not. That was just plain etiquette.

"Yeah,I forgot my wallet at my house," Jack said. He looked annoyed with me.

"Fine," I sighed. I threw a twenty on the table. Jack gave me a fake smile.

"Let's go," he said.

I followed Jack into his car. I got into the passenger seat and spotted his wallet.

"Is it true you're f*cking Luke Hemmings?" Jack asked out of the blue.

"That's none of your business,"I said with offense. I couldn't believe he just said that.