Chapter 20

Luke's P.O.V.

"Your turn. You tell a story," Sierra said. She sat up and looked at me hopefully with her tear-stained eyes.

"Do you want to hear about the time I went to Australia?" It was embarrassingly funny. Sierra would probably love it.

"Yes!"

"This is really embarrassing. So my family went on a trip to Australia. I was about thirteen at the time. But we had it perfect down to the last detail," I said. I looked over at Sierra.

"I'm listening. Keep talking," she said.

"Okay, so it was absolutely perfect. My mom had managed to overplan it, so it couldn't go wrong. She practically had it planned how long we would stay the beach. Everything was done, except for one thing," I said. I stopped and buried my head in my hands. It was really embarrassing to remember.

"Keep telling!" Sierra urged.

"I'm getting to it. So the beach my mom chose wasn't a normal beach. It was a bit....naked," I said. Sierra gasped.

"You went to a nudist beach!" she said with astonishment. I shook my head in embarrassment.

"It was a nudist beach," I confirmed. Sierra was dying with laughter. "I was thirteen, so I didn't mind it very much. There were a few chicks there who were super hot. Like Scarlett Jonhansson hot. Then there were some fat old guys that were kind of gross.

"My mom was horrified. She immediately took us home, but not before my brother, Ben had snapped a few pictures of the women there. So the whole weekend when my mom wasn't looking, we were opening the pictures up and just snickering about them. My mom did find them. She was so mad at Ben. We haven't been to Australia since."

Sierra was laughing so hard. "That actually happened! My family never had stories like that. That's so funny!"

"I'll never forget the image of those fat perverts," I said with a shudder. Those men were disgusting.

"We have to keep running. We've been too busy talking...and other stuff," Sierra said. She threw my clothes at me and put the rest of hers on.

"Fine," I said as I put my sweatshirt on. Sierra pulled me up, and I helped her pack everything up.

Sierra and I continued our run. It was short. That was probably my fault.

On our run, I noticed she does this weird thing with her lips. She moves them ever so slightly. I think she's mouthing to words to whatever music she's playing, but it was fun watching her. She had no idea that she was even doing it.

At the end of our run, I had a few suspicions that were confirmed. Sierra was an incredibly talented runner. I had a hard time keeping up with her jogging. She ran way slower at school. That would have to change.

-

I was hanging out with Ashton and Calum. Michael was playing at his house. I had just gotten back from running with Sierra for the third time this week. I didn't understand how she did this every day. It was exhausting.

"How was your run?" Calum asked with a smug smile.

"Good," I replied.

"What took so long?" Ashton asked.

"We were running," I said. I picked up a controller and started shooting aliens.

"Only running?" Calum asked.

"And talking," I said.

Ashton turned to Calum and said, "Calum, I think Luke has a crush on Sierra."