Chapter 26

Luke's P.O.V.

Sierra laughed at me. We were splitting her lunch. I had also gotten two donuts and coffee for us.

"I'm serious," she said. "Louis literally squeezed the waiter's butt, and said,'Yes, very firm. I'm going to guess he follows Alfonso Retter's workout routine'. I swear the waiter winked at him."

"I'm not actually surprised Louis did that," I laughed.

"It was so embarrassing at the time," Sierra admitted. "But in hindsight, it's hilarious."

"How'd we get onto talking about Louis squeezing waiters' butts?" I asked.

"Uh, we started talking about white girls. I don't know where it went after that," Sierra said.

"I think it's because Louis acts like a bratty white girl," I said. Sierra nodded. It was pretty good logic.

"That makes way more sense than it should," Sierra giggled.

I shrugged. "Eh, go with it."

"That's good advice," Sierra said.

"I'm full of that," I said with 'modesty'.

"Sure," Sierra said with an eye roll.

"Come on," I said," we need to get back to school."

"Okay," Sierra said. She threw the remains of her lunch in the trash can.

On the way back, Sierra said," I want to hear yourside of our fight. I keep being told I overreacted and it wasn't what it looked like."

"Alright, both of those things are true," I said. Sierra hit me with her shoulder. "Hey, play nice. I just got you coffee."

Sierra rolled her eyes. "Fine, I'll play nice. Now spill." I spilled.

I told Sierra about how I wasn't with Aleisha any of the time I was with her. I told her that the only reason I kissed her was because she just wanted one last one because we were done for good. I told her that I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend before she started screaming bloody murder.

I loved watching Sierra's face go from curious to absolutely mortified. I undestood why she had screamed at me in the first place. I'd do the same thing if I was a girl. It was still funny to see her face as I told her everything.

"I'm so sorry," Sierra apologized. "I-I had no idea. I thought-"

"Sierra, it's cool," I said.

"It's not 'cool'. I am a despicable human being," Sierra said.

"Stop quoting Tangled and listen to me. I hold nothing against you, except for wearing yoga pants. I hold those against you," I said.

"Shut up and let me apologize. You were doing something totally sweet, and I acted like a total..." Sierra was embarrassed to say a certain word meaning a female dog.

"A total what?" I asked.

"A total I'm not saying it," Sierra finished. I rolled my eyes.

"I dare you to say it." Sierra shook her head. She was being difficult. "Come on! It's just a sound. There's nothing wrong with saying f*ck or b*tch."

Sierra poked my chest. "I'm. Not. Saying. It," she said with each poke.

"You're difficult."

Sierra beamed at me. "Thank you. Are you going to walk with me to math?"

"I don't know. Are you going to be my girlfriend?"

"No."

"Why?"