Chapter 32

Luke's P.O.V. 

Sierra was sleeping. She looked adorable when she was sleep. She gave out soft, little snores with her lips parted ever so slightly.

It took Sierra and I forever to fall asleep last night. Instead of sleeping we talked. It was all fun until it ended.

Our conversation had ended by her telling me we were going to see Matty today. She had made all the arrangements beforehand. I was already approved to visit him in prison

Sierra opened her eye and moaned. She was awake. She looked up at me then buried her face into her pillow.

"Morning," I said. I had already been up for half an hour.

"No," Sierra replied. 

"No what?"

"No morning," Sierra said. 

"There are croissants downstairs," I said. I had no idea. I was just guessing, but those croissants her grandmother made could even get me out of bed.

"Not hungry," Sierra mumbled.

"Weirdo," I judged. I got out of bed and threw a pair of pajama pants on.

"Get out of bed or I'll drag you out," I threatened. That got her out.

Sierra rolled out of the bed and stretched her arms. "We have to go out to lunch with Flori and visit Matty today."

"Do we have to?" I whined. 

"Yes," Sierra said sternly. I got the feeling she was talking more about Matty than Flori. I didn't understand why she wanted me to meet him so badly.

I followed Sierra downstairs. On the way down we passed by the cat that hissed at me. We had come to the understanding that we didn't like each other.

Downstairs, Sierra and I had the same thing as the day before. Croissants. These people need some cereal or something.

I picked up a croissant off of the table. I could hear Sierra's grandparents talking in French. Every once in a while they would say something funny, and Sierra would laugh.

When I finished my croissant, I dragged Sierra upstairs to grill her on what her grandparents said. She, of course, refused to tell me. 

For the next few hours, Sierra and I hung out in our room. She tried to draw a picture of me, but it ended up looking like a Disney princess had gotten hit with a truck then thrown into the BP oil spill.

Around noon, Sierra made me get dressed in something that didn't have holes in it. Sierra was smart enough to pack a white shirt and black skinny jeans for me to wear. She knew I wasn't going to wear anything too fancy, but my normal wardrobe is in a disgusting state.

Sierra got dressed in a simple bright yellow dress and matching flats. I watched her get ready. She wanted to look her best to see this guy in jail. He must have been a really nice guy.

After half an hour, Sierra was ready to go. We got into Angus and made our way to prison.

When we arrived at the prison (this is just sounding more and more fun with each sentence) we had to wait for ten minutes until we were allowed to go in. 

We passed through a metal detector before being told to go to Visiting Room A. There, we had to wait some more.

After ten minutes, Sierra stood up and said,"Matty," with excitement. I looked to see who she was talking to.

Matty is not what you'd expect from a prison inmate. This guy looked to be in his mid-forties and was slightly overweight. He was pale and balding. He looked....normal. He looked like a regular dad. Then he headed in the opposite direction. The guy behind him came toward us instead.