Looks don't matter (Delinquent! Ichimatsu x reader)

Thoughts will be in this bold text.

I was walking home from school and I was exhausted. I knew that I had like 2 hours to rest and unwind before I had to go to work. I work at this little pet shop not far from where I live. I let out a sigh as I put in my earbuds to listen to music. When I got to the crosswalk I waited before I start to walk across the crosswalk. I reach into my back pocket for my phone to change the song and double check my work schedule for the week.

I let out a grunt as someone rams into my side, pushing me to the other side of the crosswalk. I let out a groan of pain as my body collides with the sidewalk. That's when I saw a truck speed by. I froze when I saw that car didn't even stop. I wouldn't have been run over if I wasn't pushed away. Who pushed me away? I glance down to get a look at who saved me. I was taken a back when my eyes met familiar dull grey eyes.

I was just saved by the delinquent Ichimatsu Matsuno.

We kind of just stare at each other before I spoke up. "Um...can you get off please?" I ask trying not to be rude and he blushes lightly before getting off with his usual unintelligible grumbles. Well they were grumbles to normal people but me. I sat up and hold up my hands "it's okay it's okay. Calm down." I say and he shuts up before grumbling out an apology. I smile and have him look at me.

"It's okay. Don't apologize."

He looks up at me shocked and I smile "Yes. I understand what you're saying." I say and he hums before grumbling. How? and I hum with a smile "I don't know actually. All I know is that in school whenever you'd "grumble" I could hear what you say. The only reason I know you're grumbling is because I have heard other people say that you grumble all the time and how it's creepy." I say and he looks down.

Yeah..everyone thinks I'm creepy. I'm used to it. He says and I shook my head before standing up. I help him up with a smile and he hums. "You shouldn't be...and that's not true." I say and he gave me a confused look. "That everyone thinks you're creepy. I don't think that." I say with a smile and he blushes before giving a raspy chuckle. I smile as that was the first time I have heard him laugh.

Well you're the first. I should go. He says and I pout softly "aww why?" I ask and he glances away people are staring...I don't want to taint your image. He says and went to walk away. I felt my heart break when he said that. I reach out and grab his hand. "I have about 2 hours before I have to go to work. How about I treat you with something to eat?" He looks at me with a faint blush on his pale skin.

"To repay you for saving me." I say and he hesitates before nodding okay. He says and I smile before taking his hand in mine before going to a nearby café. He blushes softly and pulls his hand away. I hum and gave him a look. You don't have to hold my hand. He says and I hum before shrugging. "Well okay then." I say and we continue our walk to the café.

It's been about 2 months since Ichimatsu saved me and in those months we would just hang out. Of course Ichimatsu preferred more secluded areas to hang out as he didn't want to "taint my image". He seems to think that if people saw us together my popularity would go down. Though I would constantly assure him that it's okay and that I don't care if people see him with me.

I would still hang out with him in the secluded areas though. Only because he seemed so worried about my image. At the moment we were in an alleyway with the cats. I was holding a white and black spotted kitten while Ichimatsu pets a tabby cat. I didn't know you were a cat person y/n. He says and I smile "yeah I love cats. I think it's sweet how you care for them." I say softly and he blushes softly.

Yeah...honestly I feel like these cats are my only friends. He says and I look at him with a sad look "don't say that. I'm your friend." I say softly and he blushes softly. "...Ichimatsu...are you alright?" I ask and he sighs before glancing away. Y/n...you could never be mad at me right? He asks and I nod "I've said this before. I would never be mad at you...you give me no reason to be." I say and he sighs before turning to me.

I hum as he held my face in his hands. "Um..Ichimatsu?" He hums and scoots closer please...don't hate me for this. He says and I hum before squeaking as he kisses me. I tense up but relax almost instantly with a hum. I kiss him back as I wrap my arms around his neck which seemed to surprise him. He pulls away with a blush you...you actually kissed me back?...you aren't mad?

I smile and shook my head "of course I'm not mad. I really like you Ichimatsu...but I had no idea that you...you love me don't you?" I ask and he nods with a blush. "Well then...I love you too." I say with a blush before kissing him softly and he hums softly as he kisses back. When I pulled away he kissed me again.

Time passed and the kisses got longer and sweeter. After a few minutes he moved his kisses to my neck and I didn't push him away. He glances up with a blush and I hum Is this alright? He asks and I smile as I stare into his eyes. "Yes. Go ahead." I say and he gulps with a blush before kissing my neck. I hum softly and blush as his hands move under my shirt.

Rumors are a bitch.

Apparently someone from school caught a glimpse of us in the alleyway. Of course at the time they saw us we were doing more than kissing. They rushed away from the scene and they told a few of his classmates what he thought he had witnessed. That rumor spread like wildfire. What was the rumor?

They had spread a rumor that Ichimatsu forced himself on me in that alleyway.

Practically the whole school knew and believed it.

They all believed that Ichimatsu had raped me.

The matsuno brothers and I were the only ones not informed of the terrible rumor. So when we went to school I had a lot of people asking if I was alright or if I needed help in any way. While Ichimatsu had even more people glaring at him than usual. Luckily he had Jyushimatsu to act as protection if anyone tried to approach him.

When lunch rolled around was when I saw that people were treating him worse than usual and were glaring hard at him. I heard people mumbling under their breaths. As I sat at my usual today with my friends I stood up abruptly and walk over to Ichimatsu. I held his hand and stood him up. The room went silent and I shout.

"I want some answers and now! Why is everyone acting weird and treating him so terribly!" Everyone looked shocked and were silent before a girl raises a hand. A shy girl that I recognized as Laura. "Well...there's this...I mean I assume it's a rumor but...I don't know." She says and I hum "What rumor?" I ask as I cross my arms and she glances away with a gulp.

"That he had...that he had raped you in an alleyway." My eyes widen and I glance at Ichimatsu to see he was just as shocked. That's when some guys shouts. "yeah that's what I heard! And if it's not true than why is he being so silent!" He shouts and that's when everyone else starts yelling in agreement.

The brothers and I try to silence them as they shout not only in agreement but insults towards Ichimatsu. He was shaking violently and I hum when I hear a gravely growl. What happened next shocked me.

"WOULD EVERYONE SHUT UP!!"

I flinch along with everyone else. Ichimatsu...just yelled for everyone to shut up. He looked pissed. "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF PEOPLE JUDGING ME BECAUSE OF HOW I LOOK OR THE FACT I DIDN'T SPEAK!" He shouts with a raspy voice and I stare at him surprised. "I would never commit such a vulgar crime like that. Especially not with her...she is the only one besides my brothers who cared enough to talk with me and be around me."

"Of course I care about you." I say softly and walk over to hug him. "I'm so sorry about this." He mumbles and I smile before pulling away to face everyone. "Now I would appreciate everyone leaving him alone. What you've all heard is just a rumor." I say and held Ichimatsu's hand. "Ichimatsu is a nice guy if you get to know him." I say and everyone looked a bit unsure by I shrug them off before leaving with Ichimatsu.

"I have never seen you so angry." I say and he hums while rubbing his throat. "Yeah..I haven't actually spoke in a long time...that hurt my throat." He says with a raspy chuckle and I hum before holding his hand. "I love you Ichimatsu." I say and he chuckles "love you too...and my looks really don't bother you?" He asks and I shook my head "nope. Your looks don't matter to me. I love you for who you are." I say and he smiles before kissing my temple.

Yeah, in the long run looks don't matter to me when you've got a great personality.