Tanuki!Ichimatsu x reader

For TheCatsInTheBag12345

I was running through the forest, trying to outrun a group of guys. Why was a group of guys chasing me? Well...it's cause I was talking to animals. Yeah, they saw me having a conversation with a fox and they determined I must be a witch of some kind but I wasn't. I had no other ability than the ability to talk to animals and I have had that ability since I was born.

"Always keep that ability secret" my mom would say and now I see why.

Anyway, I was running through the forest until I trip and fell. I tried to get back up but before I could I was kicked in the side. I gasp and tear up with a whimper from the pain. From their they all started kicking me while mocking me. Saying things like "why don't you call one of your animals to save you?"

I was in so much pain and was scared they'd beat me to death. Until they all stopped, letting out their own pained groans before falling to the floor. I hum and open my eyes to see them all clutching their guts or on the ground with large scratches on their backs.

I was confused until I was picked up and look up. I was startled to see a Yokai staring down at me before he started walking away from the fallen men. After some more looking I noticed he was a Tanuki. I glance down and away before speaking "..why did you help me?" I ask and he hums "..cause I've seen you around here. Helping the animals and talking to them. You are a special girl."

I hum and look up at him "that's why you saved me? Cause I'm special?" She asks and he hums "That and I wasn't about to let those men kill someone who helps the citizens of the forest." He says with a small smile which I could tell was rare. I glance down and sigh before wincing "There's no way my village will let me come back." I say in a sad tone

The tanuki chuckles softly "You don't need to worry about that." He says and I hum "After I fix you up, I'm having you stay with me." He says with a smile and I stare at him before smiling "I would really appreciate that...Thank you..um.." I trail off and he chuckles "Ichimatsu. My name is Ichimatsu. What's yours?" He asks and I smile "My name is y/n."

I smile before I felt my eyes droop as I yawn softly and he pets her head "You can sleep if you want." He says and I smile before making myself comfortable. I slowly shut my eyes and fell asleep in his arms.

Not once in my life did I ever feel "special"

I always lived in fear cause I had the ability to understand and talk to animals.

Those guys and even my family saw me as a freak...so I'm happy I was found by Ichimatsu.

He made me feel special and made me come to love my gift.

And I'll forever be grateful for that.