Chapter 4: You can celebrate with us!

Blake's POV

I found it hard to breathe, but only because Vero was laying on top of me, fast asleep. My hand rubbed her back as I watched Step Brothers.

I sadly looked at Vero as she slept so peacefully, something that wasn't easy for her. I found myself hating her parents for being so terrible towards her.

I couldn't believe that they could seriously react that way to having bad grades, if only they saw how much effort and work she put in.

It makes me sick to think that they don't care to help her, that she has no family to support her. Even as a child, our teachers would talk to her parents all the time about her having dyslexia, and they waved it off saying 'We don't have a dumb child'.

My parents endlessly helped her and offered her support in school since hers wouldn't. My parents may not know we're together, but no matter what they never questioned when she would stay with us.

It made my blood boil that in her parents eyes, she couldn't do anything right. But in mine she did everything right, Basketball team captain, Debate team, student body Vice President are only a few of her accomplishments. But her parents can't appreciate her accomplishments.

I felt her shift, making my thoughts disperse as she found comfort with her face buried in my neck, making me chuckle.

"What?" She tiredly mumbled, I shook my head.

"Nothing" I whispered. She looked up at me, her cheeks red from sleeping, her brown eyes, red from exhaustion. She kissed my jaw lightly before laying her head back down.

Unfortunately we had to leave to go to school soon and I wanted nothing more than to be able to not go. However, I have already skipped too much.

Groaning, I rubbed my girlfriends back, "Come on we gotta head out love" I whispered and she sighed shaking her head.

"Come on beautiful" I said attempting to move, but she continued to be a lump. I could feel her smile into my neck as she shook her head again.

"You leave me no choice" I smirked as I poked my fingers right above her ribs, making her squirm.
She wiggled off of me, glaring.

"You are evil!" She whispered. "Oops, sorry not sorry" I smirked, she pouted standing up and stomping off.

I laughed loudly as I followed behind her. "Come on honey!" I tried as she folded her arms over her chest in attempt to ignore me, untimely failing, as our eyes locked and she couldn't contain her laugh.

I held my arms open and she fell into them as I wrapped her up into a hug. "Come on pretty we gotta go" I told her and she nodded.

School like usual was a drag, I sat in the back of the class trying not to fall asleep. My teacher was talking about useless shit and all I wanted to do was leave.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I called out before raising my hand. "Yes but next time Ms. Cassava, raise your hand" He said and I nodded as I quickly stood and left the room.

I found myself wandering the hallways, no destination in mind, simply just wandering.

As I was looking at the wall murals some girl had bumped into me. I had decided to just let it go but she turned around with anger in her eyes.