Chapter 19: You're the best Logan!

Sabrina's POV

I rolled over to an empty bed, I thought Cass was here as she somehow snuck into my room late last night but i guess she left before I woke up. I think it was Tuesday morning, but my head was pounding too hard to think straight. I laid on my back clenching my eyes tightly together. Doing my best to ignore the burning sensation in my throat.

I reached over to grab my phone but ended up seeing a note laying under it. Squinting my eyes I grabbed the paper. My name was written on the top and I smiled knowing it was from Cassandra.

Sabs,

Good morning sweetheart, how did you sleep? Good I hope, you said you didn't feel too good last night. You feeling any better now, you felt a bit warm when i kissed your forehead this morning? I hope you're okay, you're too cute to be sick. I know I could have texted you, but thats so 2020, and i'm a bit old school.

I had to leave early this morning as I have an orthopedic appointment, joy I know. But we're hoping for no surgery of course. I'll text you as soon as my appointment is done and over with. I don't think i'll be going to school because ya girl is hurtin, and I have a test i'm not very prepared for. I did however ace a different test, i'm on a roll. Too bad this test I have today that i'm skipping isn't important.

Text me when you wake up lovely, i miss you already.

- Cass

I grinned reading her note over and over again. Man did this girl make me happy. I pulled out my phone sending her a quick message before a cough attack took over. I didn't feel good last night and I didn't now either.

"Hey! You ready to go Squirt?" Kaylee questioned from outside my door. I shook my head despite her not being able to see that and pulled my covers up, I was freezing.

Kaylee came in and saw me bundled up. "Sabrina, you look pale white! You don't feel good do you?" She questioned. I shook my head coughing into my sheets.

Her hand pressed against my forehead as she sighed. "You definitely have a fever"

I sighed closing my eyes wanting the pain in my head, my throat, and behind my eyes to just go away. It seemingly got worse with each second that passed by.

"Want me to stay home with you?" Kaylee questioned and I just shook my head too tired and weak to say anything.

"Okay If you need anything call me, or dad... I think he has a paperwork day at the hospital so he should be around" Kaylee said and I nodded again trying not to be rude and fall asleep. After wishing me better, she left. As I went to text Cassandra I was home sick, I was fast asleep mid text, never getting the chance to send it.

My phone ringing shot be awake with a fright, as my heart rate slowed down, I reached over grabbing my phone seeing, Cassandra's name across the top of my phone.

I slid the answer button and laid the phone on the side of my head as I put my head back down.

"Hey you" I hoarsely said into the phone.

"Hey baby, you sound awful? Are you home sick?" She questioned, I nodded with a hum closing my eyes.

"I'll be over in 20" I grinned.

"Okayy" I hummed, my voice going in and out.

"Close your eyes sweetheart, i'll be there soon" The next thing I knew my eyes were unable to stay open, sleep had begun to take me away.

I drifted back asleep, pulling my blankets further into me, only to be awoken minutes later by the sound of crutches approaching my room. I smiled to myself as my door was pushed open and closed again.