Chapter 20: Got a hot date?

Kaylee's POV

I scrambled around Prescott's somewhat messy room anxiously searching for my phone. It had rang 15 minutes ago, but I had yet to find it.

"Babe, you good?" Prescott questioned coming out of his bathroom with just a towel around his waist. My eyes scanned him before remembering what I was doing. Looking for my phone.

"My phone! I lost my phone!" I exclaimed throwing his athletic clothing around aimlessly. He laughed going back into the bathroom.

"Some boyfriend you are!" I called back.

"Well your boyfriend found your phone on the counter in the bathroom" Prescott said reappearing in the doorway.

"Thief" I mumbled taking it from him. He rolled his eyes, pulling a shirt on.

"Hey Pres" I called out before looking at my phone.

"Whats up bub?" he questioned running his fingers through his hair.

"Can we start spending more time at my house? I haven't spent much time with my sister lately, and I hate that the past couple nights I haven't been there. I need to be there more" I told him and he nodded.

"Of course, not a problem! We probably should spend some time apart, and actually date like High Schoolers. I want to get to know your sister more, she seems sweet" he replied and I grinned.

"Yeah, she is. Luckily my dad has been around more but I feel like i've abandoned her"

"Luckily Cassandra and her have been getting closer lately too" He added pulling boxer briefs on followed by ripped black skinny jeans.

"What do you mean?" I questioned as he shook his hair out.

"Well, it just seems like they have become good friends" he told me and I smiled nodding.

"Yeah cause I haven't been there" I said with a sigh. I really just hadn't been around my best friend or sister enough. Its good that Cass has been able to look out for her but she shouldn't have to, I should be around. Shes my sister and no one else but me or my father should be there for her when she gets home, or isn't feeling good.

"Lets change that then, yeah?" he asked kissing my forehead.

"Okay, i'm going to finish getting dressed and then we will be off to school on this beautiful Thursday" He said making me nod.

I looked at my phone and saw a missed call and text both from Cass, I liked the Kaylee before she got screwed, she actually remembered her best friend

I mockingly laughed as I replied a New phone, who dis?

She was right though, I had been spending too much time with Prescott and barely ever seeing Cassandra or Sabrina. Prescott and I had forever but soon Cass and I would be going separate ways to college, and Sabrina will be across the country.

"Maybe we can go on a double date with Cassandra and Sabrina?" He questioned and my head snapped to him quickly.

"What so you mean double date? They aren't dating" I snapped at him. Feeling guilty that I did but he was talking crazy.

"I just used it as a saying babe," He said throwing his hands up in defense.

"I know, I'm sorry. Just a strange subject" I told him.

"How come? Why would it be such a bad thing if they did date though?" He questioned as I sighed sitting down on the bed.

"I don't know, its just weird. The idea of my sister and best friend, who is basically a sister dating. It makes me feel like I was used. If they did date, id lose both my sister and best friend. Like what if they broke up, id have to pick sides." I said pausing.