21- Emergency...again.

dedicated to salms_g_1d  : thank you for the most genuine comment i have ever recieved. You have a way with words! i hope you enjoy this chapter :) i know now how you love the feels :)

i hope the rest of you enjoy this chapter too! please do VOTE, COMMENT and ADD this story to your library if you havent already! Share it with your friends too!

Cheers x

I had a two day break and I've never been more thankful. I needed some space to think about everything that's happened in the span of a few long days. It's Jani's birthday tomorrow and I was flustered. I noted down an entire list of potential birthday presents.

My glasses were slipping down my nose as I bent forward and glared at my list. I let out a frustrated groan as my phone blared beside me. I didn't bother checking for ID.

"Hello" I said curtly.

"Oh- have I caught you at a wrong time?" John's voice echoed from the other side and I sighed, I felt guilty in an instant.

"No, no. Sorry, I was trying to decide what to buy Janine" I explained.

He laughed nervously, my brows furrowed in anticipation, what's going on in his mind? "Actually, that's why I'm calling you" He chuckled again.

"Oh?"

"I need help" He started off "Are you free today?"

"Yup" I said, popping the 'p' slightly.

"Could you meet me at the Mall in an hour?"

"Sure thing" I didn't mind helping out a friend. I too was in need of desperate help. I hurriedly got up and took a shower. Ridding myself of some tension. I used the lavender body wash I was oh-so fond of. I drove to the mall. The rush was intolerable, the parking was full and the honks resonated through the different basement levels. I was thoroughly pissed off by the time I slammed my door shut. I walked over to Starbucks which is where John and I decided to meet.

His hair had been cut, he looked handsome with a boyish grin on his face upon spotting me. He wore dark jeans and a white t-shirt under his checkered button down. I waved and offered him a smile.

"Thanks so much for doing this" he said sincerely, embracing me quickly.

"Right back at ya" I smiled.

We had a quick bite first. I opted for a grilled vegetarian Panini and he ended up reflecting the same order. We walked around aimlessly for a while. He was unhappy with the choices he was being subjected to. He asked many questions. How about a book? A pen? Not like one of those boring pens, the expensive ones that actually cost something...perfume? Shoes? A bag?

I reminded him that we called it a purse, and he waved the "insignificant" piece of information away. He settled on a worn out leather bag that I fell in love with too. I approved of his taste.

He gave me what he called "honest-guy opinion" with every dress I held up.

"I can't picture it like this" He said, his brows furrowed "Try it on" he pushed the dress towards me. I shot him a questioning look. This was totally not necessary. But my logic didn't want to speak up. Instead I huffed and took the dress. He followed me into the waiting room and sat on the cushioned stool outside.

The first dress was a silver sequin and it blinded me when it shone in the harsh lighting of the dressing broom. I walked out barefoot and stood in front of him awkwardly. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"It's too shiny" I agreed.

The next one was a black velvet dress with a plunging neckline that did not go unnoticed by John. I caught him licking his lips as he shook his head and I ran back inside with a crimson tint. There were some dressed that looked great on the shelf but terrible on a figure so I didn't even bother showing him those. Finally, after many tried and failed dresses, he agreed to the last dress hanging. It was bright red with a turtled collar with halter sleeves. At the base of the collar there was a slit that reached the waist-line in the shape of a tear drop. It had a sense of classiness while still being revealing. I bought her a pair of pumps to match and a couple of accessories.