*EDITED* 31 - the end

DEDICATED TO ALL OF MY READERS WHO HAVE BEEN HERE FROM THE START, THE MIDDLE OR THE END. YOU'VE WAITED SO PATIENTLY AND YOU'VE MADE HOLLY AND COLT COME ALIVE. SO THANK YOU ALL 

NEW: i saw a few comments saying that i rushed into the ending, so i've added a few more paragraphs. hopefully this will suffice for now until i reach my  5K goal on 'Same Difference'. 

Three years later.

As I sit on the large, grassy lawn, my arms stretched out behind me, supporting my leaning body, I can't help but smile at the thought that all our troubles are long gone.

While I know, the day that Al Muhammad was arrested still haunts Colt, I also know that the events that followed it calmed him.

Flashback to that day:

As Colt and I stood in the elevator, wordlessly conversing through subtle touches, I feared that the news of Al Muhammad's arrest and the presence of the FBI agents would spread like wildfire.

But what I wasn't expecting, was the news of Colt and I. We were the latest office gossip.

"Just ignore it" he told me and pressed his lips to my temple, relaxing me. I wanted to speak to him alone, to just hug him and make sure that he's alright.
And while Colt was in his office giving a statement to the remaining agents, I waited patiently outside, until I was asked by two secretaries to go to an office on the 9th floor. Confused but curious I did as they asked.

"Good afternoon Miss Moore, I'm David Caravan and this is Mr. Benson. We are the heads of this company's board" I watched silently and sat as and when they instructed me to. I was dazed and confused, shocked to say the least. The events that took place merely an hour ago were racing through my mind. Unable to concentrate, I listened with half s heart.

"We wanted to confirm a statement" I nodded the shorter and balder man Mr. Benson spoke. "Office employees of Parker With Sons have reported that they witnessed you and Mr. Parker engage in a heated display of affection" he cleared his throat awkwardly, I slowly looked away from my intertwined hands.

"And?" I asked in a matter of fact voice.

"Yes or no?"

"Ye-"

I was interrupted by David Caravan "I hope you now what this means Miss. Moore, you've gone against your contract and if you read it clearly , it specifies that this will result in the termination of your contract and therefore your job"

"Now obviously we cannot fire the man that runs this company, so unfortunately you've received the brunt of it" Mr. Benson said as I sat quietly, feeling number than ever.
What now?

"We are not authorized to provide you with a letter of recommendation"

"I hope you understand"

"You need to clear you desk and vacate the premises immediately"

"Here, a NDA you need to sign"

My head began hurting and suddenly a body was throwing itself into the room followed by another woman.
"Sorry sir! I tried to keep him out"

Without even looking I knew Colt was here.
"How dare you" he snarled at the board members, who looked quite scared.

"Colt its o-" I tried to say

"No it is absolutely not okay. Gentlemen please leave immediately. I will speak with you later, personally"

As the door shut itself behind two red faced men I was being starred at by Colt.