Chapter 1: Leaving For Good

"Stupid Inuyasha! I can't believe he didn't tell me this!" Kagome mumbled loudly while running away from him. She couldn't believe it. Inuyasha let Kikyo join their group without telling poor Kagome. She had another fight with Inuyasha about his undead lover Kikyo. Now he was letting let her join the group and the others agreed to let her travel with them. Kagome felt like she was being replaced. Inuyasha didn't care about her. All he cares about is Kikyo who tried numerous times to take her life and gain the rest of her soul. Inuyasha acts like she doesn't even matter to him. Kagome was tired and sick of it. Maybe it would be better if Kagome left the feudal era and then went back to her time for good. But all she needed is to restore the Sacred Jewel Four Souls to be known as Shikon Jewel and then get rid of it. It's the only way to make a wish for the jewel to disappear.

Right now, Kagome was alone by herself. She stood over the rim while the tears flowed down her face. She wished Kikyo is gone for good, but she needed to get away for a while. When she was about to go to the Boner-Eater's Well, she felt something climbing onto her shoulder. She spun her head and see it as Shippo.

"Mama, where are you going?" Shippo asked her, sounding worried.

Kagome sighed sadly as she looked away. "Well, I've been thinking, Shippo," she murmured. "I've been thinking about leaving the group."

"Why, Mama?"

"Because I'm tired of being treated like a shard detector and as the reincarnation of Kikyo but the copy of her," Kagome told him, sounding sad. "I think I'll be better off leaving the group for a while."

"But, Mama! If you're leaving the group, then I'm coming with you!" Shippo whimpered as he gave her a sad look on his face. "I don't want to hang around with that jerk Inuyasha and his so-called lover!"

Kagome sighed then smiled at him, "Okay, Shippo," she said. "You can come with me, but hold on tight to me."

"Okay!" Shippo nodded as he held on tight to her left shoulder.

When they were ready to go back to her time, she jumped through the well and the two of them were both being surrounded by blue light. She sealed the well after Kagome and Shippo finally made it to the present day. Kagome was hoping that Inuyasha won't drag her back to the feudal era again.

"There," she exhaled softly as she rubbed her hands. "Inuyasha won't bother us, right, Shippo?"

She looked at Shippo with a smile then he says, "Yeah!"

"Now, let's go, Shippo," she said. "I'd like you to meet my family."

"Okay!" Shippo nodded happily, leaping onto her shoulder.

The two of them came out of the Higurashi Shrine and went to enter her home. Kagome wondered if they were home and how they were doing.

*** 

It's been a few hours after they left the feudal era, Shippo had to meet Kagome's family as he thought they were nice. Kagome's mother, Mrs. Higurashi, was so happy to see Shippo who called her 'Mama'. Kagome's younger brother Souta became a new friend of Shippo a few minutes ago after they were introduced. Her grandfather, Grandpa Higurashi, threw sutras at poor Shippo as he thought he was a demon, but he was just a kit. Shippo was a bit freaked out when Grandpa Higurashi tried, then Kagome told him that his homemade sutras don't work. He lost a little bit of his pride. A few minutes later, Souta taught Shippo how to play a game board. Shippo began to feel interested in his games.

After a few weeks of staying in Higurashi House, Kagome lay on the bed reading a book with Shippo and Buyo. Kagome was reading the swordsmen's book when she began to feel interested.

She sighed and said, "I wonder if I ever learn how to be the swordsman," she murmured, glancing her honey-brown eyes at Shippo, "won't you agree, guys?"

"Yeah!" Shippo exclaimed, pointing it out. "You should be the swordsmen, Mama, so you won't be using the sacred arrow all the time."

"But, Shippo, I'm still using the sacred arrow because it can purify demons," Kagome said. "Even though, I can use the sword to purify it."

Suddenly, it just hit Kagome's mind with ideas.

"Wait, that's it, Shippo!" Kagome exclaimed, jumping out of the bed. "Maybe I can use the sword to purify evil demons!"

"What do you mean, Mama?"

"If I can use the sword, it will use the energy of power with the purification," she said

"So the sword will become the power of purification, Mama?" Shippo asked.

Kagome nodded. "Yes," she replied. "You know, I should ask Mom if I ever go to the swordsmen trainer. She thought it'll be interesting."

Shippo smiled. "Great idea, Mama!"

The next day, Kagome started training at a shrine outside the city. The mentor teachers were there to help Kagome as they were glad to have her as their student. The mentor teachers were the priestesses who were the swordsmen as well. They don't mind having Shippo around the shrine which Kagome was happy. During a week, Kagome learned better to control her reiki through meditation. Kagome has learned a lot about swordsmen.

***

Meanwhile, back in the feudal era, Inuyasha went to go find Kagome as he headed toward the well where she went back home so he could drag her back to the group. He needed Kagome's help and needed her to get back to the group because of their journey to find the shards.

When Inuyasha jumped through the well, there is something strange going on. No blue lights are surrounding him. Inuyasha landed on the ground and he grunted in pain. He looked up and see there was no good ceiling. It was just an afternoon blue sky.

The well! Inuyasha thought, widened his amber eyes. It didn't work! She must have sealed the well!

He couldn't believe it. Kagome had sealed the well so Inuyasha won't drag her back to the group which made him furious in anger. Inuyasha had protected her from everything that tried to harm her. Not to mention that she was only his shard detector and needed her help to find the shards. Even though, Kikyo was stronger than her which means Inuyasha thought Kagome was such a brat, annoying, and even a slut who always liked Koga. But Kagome was being a good friend to him as she liked him a lot.

He glared at this as he went back outside from the well. If she's not coming back, good! Inuyasha snarled in his thoughts as he was walking away from the well. She is nothing but a worthless wench!