three

l o c a t i o n: Chlematis Hospital
t i m e: 10.47
⚜️

"You do know that it's not gonna hurt right?" Wooyoung nods, nibbling his lips. "You do know it doesn't involve any needles, nor blades, right?" His friend asks again, only to be answered with a curt nod. "Then why the heck are you nervous?" Yunho scoffs in disbelief.

Wooyoung kept on nibbling his lower lips, and bouncing his legs, signs that the younger male is nervous. "I'm getting an exam, by the prettiest doctor I have ever seen, whom I made myself fun in front of. I am nervous Yunho. I am." Wooyoung said, reminiscing the events of last night.

Yunho blinks slowly, "Well, my Jena is surely prettier for me, first of all, and besides, Yeojung won't care." Yunho threw his arms. The both of them just registered on the counter, now waiting on one of the patient beds located at the emergency centre since Yeojung doesn't have her own room yet.

"Wait, what? You know Dr. Han?" Wooyoung was taken aback, "She's my baby's friend, Woo, of course I do." Yunho furrows his eyebrows, dumbfounded at how dumb his friend could be. "And the both of you are on first name basis now?" Wooyoung continues, Yunho rolls his eyes, a habit he got from Jena, "Yes, you jealous?" Wooyoung shakes his head, "I'm just surprised that you call someone on a first name basis besides us and our students."

"Mr. Jeong Wooyoung?" A male nurse opens the curtains, holding a board while looking at the man sitting on the bed. "Dr. Han is ready for you." Wooyoung nods, raising his hand up slightly. Yunho actually wasn't planning on accompanying him during the test, since his original motivation was to see his girlfriend.

"Good luck on the test brother! I hope you studied well!" Yunho snorted, teasing the lad. "Before the exam starts, I will be checking a few things first." The male nurse went up to Wooyoung, fixing a stethoscope on his chest.

The nurse jots down Wooyoung's body conditions, nodding once in a while. "Dr. Han will be with you shortly." Hangyul bows slightly, closing the curtains up but for it to be opened again not long after.

"Good evening, Mr. Jeong." The 'pretty' doctor said, "I see that Nurse Lee had taken down your vitals here," She trails off, "Then without further ado, we are going to start the exam." Yeojung wore her gloves, smiling gently at the male in front of her. "This test is not going to hurt you in any way, we are simply trying to make sure that your five senses and motors are working after your concussion yesterday." Wooyoung smiles back, but his body is tense.

"There would be nine things that we will be checking," The female doctor explained, but it all just sound like incoherent murmurs to Wooyoung. Yeojung thought that Wooyoung just hates hospital hence being tense, but he can't help but be nervous when a girl that doesn't seem to take an interest on him, yet is very pretty, is standing a few centimeters in front of him.

"Let's check your sight and the muscles on your eyeballs first." Yeojung took out a device and tells Wooyoung what he needs to do, "pardon my closeness." Yeojung moves forward, placing her right eye on the telescope looking thing-y.

This, obviously took Wooyoung back, he tenses up in his seat, heart beating faster. From that point, everything Yeojung said was a blur to him. Wooyoung could only focus on her features and the way her lips move when she talks.

"Open your mouth." She said to him, holding out the pipet. "What do you taste?" Yeojung asked after putting a drop of the flavored solution to Wooyoung's tongue. "Coffee." He simply said.

Wouldn't it be great if we were to go out for coffee?

"Excuse me, what?" Yeojung was just finishing up the exam, jotting down a few notes on her board when Wooyoung disrupts her mid-writing with his proposal, or more like, spoken thought. "W-what?" He finally snapped out of his trance, "Did I say that out loud?" He blushes, and got redder when Yeojung laughed and nods. "Gosh, I'm so sorry Dr. Han." Wooyoung buries his head into his hands out of embarrassment, mentally crying for help.

"It's fine, I don't really mind." Yeojung sets her board down on the cabinet beside the patient's bed. Yeojung starts on delivering the good news of no damaged neuron for his senses, but he does need to be careful next time. "And one more thing." Yeojung said, "Are you familiar with Kang Yeosang?" Yeojung takes off her glasses and leaves it hanging on the breast pocket of her coat.

Hearing the name of his buddy, Wooyoung nods enthusiastically, "Yes! He's my friend of, around, fifteen years or so." Wooyoung smiles, "How do you know him, Dr. Han? Is he perhaps your, boyfriend?" Wooyung asked, his voice getting quieter as he reaches the end of his sentence.

If the doctor turns out to be Yeosang's girlfriend, Wooyoung might beat him up for not telling him at all. Yeojung giggles in amusement, "Yeosang is my cousin! I grew up with him." She took a pad of paper and scribbles down a prescription for Wooyoung. "Here you go, Mr. Jeong." She hands him the paper, "You can get this checked out on our pharmacy at the second floor."

Wooyoung accepts the paper, and Yeojung tidies up the things she used just now. As she was about to leave the space, Wooyoung calls out to her. "You should stop being formal with me and call me by my name, Dr. Han." He states, "After all, Yeosang's my best bud." Wooyoung chuckles.

Yeojung looks back and smiles, "Sure," She agrees, "Call me Yeojung too, then." The female doctor smiles and exits the center, leaving Wooyoung with the usual scenery of the hospital's emergency center. The man cleaned his stuff up, and exits the center also, looking for his friend.

Yunho was sitting on one of the chairs in the lobby, playing with his phone while waiting for his colleague. "How was it? Was the exam hard?" Yunho stood up when he sees Wooyoung exiting, teasing him again.

Unexpectedly, Wooyoung nods, "It's very hard." Yunho scrunches his eyebrows and did a small hesitant laugh. "You're joking, right?" He asks, for a normal Wooyoung would laugh and shouts at him by now. "It's hard for my heart." But a lovestruck Wooyoung would say that instead.

🌱
i just checked out the MV for monster, turns out they delayed it by a day only phew😤

stream monster by seulrene!