six

l o c a t i o n: Chlematis Hospital
t i m e: 00.58
⚜️

"Keep an eye on his vitals, if his BP or saturation drops, page me."

Yeojung pats her second year resident's shoulder, Hwang Wooju, "I get it, Dr. Han." Yeojung had rushed to the hospital first thing's first, not even getting the chance to change her sleepwear, her getting weird stares from the patients and staffs there, I mean, she is indeed dressed in a pink cotton pajama set.

Seeing the situation with the old epilepsy patient, Yeojung decided to crash in the on-call room instead, incase of any other emergency patient coming in. Opening the door, she was greeted by one of her friends since university days, "Jung? What are you doing here?" Jena stood up from her chair, seeing the same aged neurology surgeon entering the room.

Shin Jena is one of the greatest Cardiology Surgeon Chlematis Hospital has to offer, she had finished her medical board exam way faster than the other three, and is now the only person to achieve the professor title in the hospital at the age of 30 years old.

But, even though Jena is a professor, and night shifts are something rare for them to do, such cruelty happens because of seniority, that Jena's seniors often made her do night shifts, not that she minded or something.

"I thought your resident is filling in for you?" Jena said, stretching her limbs out. "One of the patients in the ICU had an attack, he panicked and called me." Yeojung walked over to the beds, plopping down on it, "And besides, Hwang Wooju had just started less than two months ago, there are still lots of things for him to learn." She took her rubber shoes off and laid down, putting an arm over her clearly dry eyes.

"Are you alone?" Yeojung murmurs, "Nope, Donghyuck is in the OR right now, a trauma patient with a broken hip and ribs came." Lee Donghyuck, or sometimes, Haechan, is an Orthopedic Surgeon, inspired to be one because of his injuries and broken arms whenever he had a fight with other school kids during high school, he had just had his title of being a professor for seven months and he could feel the difference already.

"Wonderful." Yeojung murmurs once more, shutting her eye to go back to dreamland. Yes, that's how tired she is. She drifted away into dreamland, her happy dreams continued on, seeing her high school friends, her college friends, and her closest work friends laughing along. She sometimes had dreams about her parents, but that's a story for another time.

(☆▽☆)

l o c a t i o n: Chlematis Hospital
t i m e: 06.53
⚜️

Yeojung was about to dig into a ssam wrap Yeolli had made her before her phone's ringtone disturbed her dreamland. "Hello?" Yeojung answers with a sleepy voice. "Han Yeojung! If I don't see you down here in the OR in another fifteen minutes you are done for!" The doctor furrows her brows, pulling the phone away from her ears to read the caller ID.

As she got a good look on who called her, all her fatigue was washed away and got replaced by panic, "Y-Yes Professor!" She sat up straight, bumping her head to the bed post, "I'm so sorry!" She rubs her head and stood up, replacing her pink pajamas with her scrubs.

How could she totally forgot that she would be assisting NS's pride, Professor Kim Doyoung, a professional, skilled, young professor who had made a name for himself in South Korea. He had personally requested for Yeojung to be his first assistant on today's surgery a week ago, the girl agreeing with an ecstatic feeling and adrenaline rushing through her, especially for a rare surgery case.

Yeojung is just a chief resident, sure, she handles her own surgeries, being the lead surgeon and all but, getting to assist in the one and only Kim Doyoung's surgery would be every neurosurgeon's dream, including hers, even though Kim Doyoung is her mentor, she was often not allowed to join his surgeries, with various reasons.