nineteen

l o c a t i o n: Chlematis Hospital
t i m e: 19.47
⚜️

Han Yeojung and Kim Doyoung instantly rushed towards the ER after Yeojung announced so. It turns out that there are around thirteen girls locked inside the building, all in a really bad condition from getting beat up, and, well, taken advantage of without their consent.

The kidnappers behind it had escaped first before they could bring all their captives with them. So when the police barged in, they just found remains of the culprits and their victims imprisoned there.

Doyoung was called to the ER to handle one of the girls with a pretty bad concussion on her head, while Yeojung, as much as she wants to run up to her sister, another girl is suffering from a spinal injury, forcing her the be Yeojung's first priority.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of her." Yeosang said, he had just arrived from the court, still clad in his suit and 'smart glasses' his hands carrying his briefcase. The girls started to arrive one by one, luckily, only seven of them were transferred into Chlematis, the rest with worse conditions were given treatment at a nearby country hospital.

Donghyuck soon arrived, unraveling his stethoscope around his neck, a girl came in with broken ribs, a broken arm, and also a twisted ankle. "Where is she?" The nurse points towards a bed with a mixed girl on it. He examines her shortly, pity filling him up, "She's a thirty year old female, Spanish." The nurse said, filling him up with information.

"Guardians?" He grabs the girl's frail arm, pressing it slightly which causes her to wail in pain. "On their way." He nods, "Duele si presiono aquí?" He used his limited knowledge of Spanish to ask. She chuckles, "I can understand and speak Korean, you know."

He was flustered, clearing his throat, he asked once more, "Um, does it hurt if I press here?" He presses her stomach, "Sí" The girl winces, "Hm, hold it in for a while, okay," He trails off, waiting for a name, "Debby." Donghyuck looks at the female and smiles, "Debby."

( ~*-*)~

l o c a t i o n: Chlematis Hospital
t i m e: 21.56
⚜️

Yeojung has just finished her surgery on the patient with a spinal injury, not even bothering to take her gown, mask, and head coverer off, she immediately rushes to the ICU where Yeolli got admitted in.

When she got in, she sees her sister not awake with a drip, heart monitors, and a gypsum cast on her leg. Donghyuck's resident was able to finish Yeolli's surgery in less than four hours, only a minor injury luckily.

Yeojung sighs in relief when she sees her condition not as bad as the other girls that were rushed into the OR. "You could've at least taken these off." Wooyoung, whom Yeojung didn't even notice in the first place, approached her.

He helps Yeojung to untie the string around her waist, something she could've done by herself. Yeojung's pair of eyes then settled down on another boy, "Oh, you're Wooyoung's brother." She said, the boy stood up and bows slightly, after his surgery, it was always the residents checking up on him, not Yeojung herself, so this is the first encounter ever since.

Yeojung then walked towards the bedside, sitting there and grabs Yeolli's hand, kissing it. "I'm glad that you're fine." She buries her head. The ICU was filled with silence as nobody in the room had anything to talk about.

Yeosang was outside, talking to the nurses about the surgery fees and when Yeolli was going to be transferred to a normal ward. The operating surgeon, Choi Byungchan, briefed him on what happened to Yeolli, not like he understands or anything.

Donghyuck enters the ICU, tapping Yeojung's shoulder. "You should exit now, visiting hours are over." Yeojung looks back and glares at him, "I'm a doctor." She said, "In this case, I'm her responsible doctor, so cut the talk and get out." Donghyuck grabs both of her upper arms, and drove her outside.

Wooyoung stayed quiet, seeing the scene in front of him, deciding to quietly follow them outside. He discards his plastic gown and mask, also the head coverer into the provided bin, Woojin following him suit.

Getting outside on the lobby, they four of them sat on the seats provided. "What happened?" Yeojung asked Wooyoung, "How did you find her?" Hundreds of questions flooded Yeojung's mind, a lot of unanswered ones.

Wooyoung answered each and everyone honestly and calmly, holding Yeojung's hands affectionately at the same time. "You should take a rest." Yeosang nudged, when he saw the state his cousin is in, it is way more pitiful than how she would usually look like.

Yeojung looks back at him, nodding in agreement. She could clearly feel the fatigue reaching to her skull, before Yeojung could stand up, someone had approached her. "Han Yeojung." She looks up and saw her professor.

Kim Doyoung stood in front of her in his new set of scrubs, "Have you eaten yet?" He asks, which she replies to with shaking her head. "Let's eat, I'm treating you." Doyoung shoves his hands into the pockets, turning his back.

When he realized that the girl isn't following him yet, he turns back again, seeing the man on her left halting her. "I wanna join too." Doyoung furrows his eyebrows at this.

Now who might this be?

"You can't," He said, approaching them and holds Yeojung's other wrist, "The professors' canteen is off-limits for non-employees." Doyoung tugs her arm, "And besides, I have something important to tell Dr. Han."

Wooyoung reluctantly releases her, eyes never leaving the young professor. "I don't like him." Wooyoung said to Yeosang, "Uh, Why? Kim Doyoung's a great surgeon." The latter asks. Wooyoung shrugs, "I feel like he yells a lot."

( ⚆ _ ⚆ )

l o c a t i o n: Chlematis Hospital, Café WithU
t i m e: 22.08
⚜️

Yeojung visibly pouts when she saw where Professor Kim is leading them to. "I thought you're taking me to the professors' canteen?" She asked as she took a seat across Kim Doyoung.

They had just ordered a slice of cake and some hot beverages to accompany them, "Are you dumb? It's not open at this time of the day." Professor Kim rolls his eyes, getting up when the beeper, well, beeps.

Yeojung pouts deeper, she's curious to how the canteen looks like, and what it serves. "So why did you lie earlier?" She asked him again when he had returned. "So I can talk to you about an important matter." Doyoung licks the foam off his hot latte, not even sparing a glance towards Yeojung.

The girl grabs her cup of tea, her actually wanting to get some rest and decided to avoid coffee. "About?" She sips on it, "So, you do know how Professor Yoon retired last week?" Yeojung nods, the 78 years old professor got a pretty big goodbye party on the weekend, a shame that Yeojung didn't attend because of her condition.

"Now his room is empty, and NS has a professor spot empty." Yeojung nods again, not quite understanding what Doyoung is talking about. "And then?" She urges of him to continue. "So the board and I had a meeting last Thursday," He clears his throat,

"We were thinking of putting you in the empty spot."

🌱
debby is my friend's name :) this one is for u, u lil' ass

have a nice dayy💚