The Bet(5)

Betty P.O.V

Me and Jughead walked in the school's hallway with interlocked hands. I couldn't get more happier than I'm with Jughead. I feel that happiest human alive when im with him.

For all past years, I have received only rejection. Polly and Chic have been our parent's favorite. I was the only one who always remain left out. Mom never talked nicely to me. She always mock me for not being an another copy of Polly. Chic on the other hand lived his freedom. He was allowed to everything. No rules. But I was chained with multiple rules.

The perfect family of Riverdale had an imperfect me.

Rejection even followed me to my school life. I had an huge crush on Archie. The whole time I only dreamt about him and me, Being together. But when I told him, he gave me....

Rejection.

I let it go and moved on. We remained friends and even best friend now. The feeling that I had was long gone. I never thought I will be able to love someone else. But I was wrong until I found him.

Jughead Jones

When he first walked through the door and our eyes met. I felt butterflies. I let that thought go and went to my class.

We met again which brought us more closer.

And finally when we kissed and expressed our feeling for each other. I was beyond happy that he felt the same.

Whenever I look at him, I always smile. Because he the reason behind it.

We were in the hallway when he made a quick excuse. I was confused by his behavior. He ran towards the serpents. He never let me meet his friends. I thought it will nice meeting them now. So I walked towards them.

Hey Jones! Did miss little ponytail guessed that you are with her only for money?”

That broke my heart. My heart was shattered. My smile was gone. My eyes we're started getting watery and I was shaking.

“W-What?” I somehow let out a word.

He turned around and look of guilt and shocked painted on his face.

I never thought I will be getting it again. I was happy after so many years but I again got it, rejection.

“Betts it--”

I cut him off by slapping him hard. I was crying and tears weren't stopping.

“I HATE YOU” I yelled and ran outside the school building.

Why? Why me? Why I always get rejected! Why people whom I love doesn't love me back. Why they pretend! Why they just leave me alone so I won't get the hurt that they give by staying.

It was raining and I was running to my house. My parents weren't at home and Polly and Chic were at school. I slammed my door and broke down. I fell on my knees and cried. I  was screaming and throwing things. This hurt was not going away. I needed to do something.

I grabbed the razor and locked my bathroom door. This hurt will not let me live. He didn't loved me. He pretended. Just like others. He was also fake. The smile he gave me, fake. The love he showed me, fake. I even give him my first time but he..... FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!

I placed the razor on my wrist and closed my eyes, ready to dig deep. Suddenly I heard him.

BETTY ARE YOU IN? OPEN THE DOOR BETTS.” He yelled from outside.

“JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE JUGHEAD” I yelled and closed my eyes again and tears left my eyes.

Baby please! Let me explain it. I'm sorry.”
He said. His voice was broken. I let out more tears after hearing the baby word.

Don't Call Me That! YOU GO! JUST LEAVE.. P-PLEASE” I yelled and broke down.

“Betts please I love you. You have to belive me. I really love you. I'm sorry for that. Please come outside I will tell you everything.” He pleased. I really needed an explanation to calm myself down.

I unlocked the door and saw his bloodshot eyes. Why was he crying?

I walked passed him and sat on the edge of my bed. He came and say on his knees right in front of me.

I-Its true that I started dating you cause of a Bet. My friend made a Bet to make you my girlfriend and then dump you. I knew I felt for you at the very starting when my eyes landed on you. But I didn't do anything about it. I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt to like this. My heart hurts when I see you like this. Believe me, I love you. I truly love you. Even If I have to leave serpents to be with you, I can do it happily. I had no one in my life except serpents. But you came and become the special one. You made me happy. I will be thanking you whole life. I wished I never had that stupid bet. I'm sorry Betty. I love you.” We both were in tears now and I was all the time looking at the floor.

He lifted my head and looked deeply in my eyes.

“H-How can I believe you?” I cried.

I know it's difficult. But Betts---”

he moved closer to me,

--I love you so much. I'm sorry. Today I rushed towards them only to tell that I can't do it anymore. But you heard the thing earlier and left. Im sorry for the hurt but Betty why... Why cutting yourself?”

BECAUSE IT MAKE ME FORGOT THINGS. IT HELP ME TO MAKE THE PAIN GO AWAY.” I said and cried.

Oh Juliet”

he whispered and sat beside me. He placed his arm around me and I placed my head on his chest.

I'm sorry Betts. I really am. ” He said and stroked my hairs.

After few minutes my breathing was back to normal. We weren't talking, just hugging each other frame. I pulled out of hug and sat straight.

“I... I d-dont know how to forgive you?” I whispered.

Please Betts. I promise you will never cry again because of me.” He pleased with teary eyes.

“Okay I forgive you.” I said and he gave a small smile. He stood up and started walking towards the door.

“Where are you going?” I asked confusingly.

I thought you need some space.” he said sadly.

“Come here.. I want cuddles” I said and he smiled.

He almost ran towards me and knocked me to bed, hugging me.

And we both fell asleep in each other arms.

......
The End.. Lol 😂