I'm not happy, I pretend (2)

"Betty!" I screamed and ran towards her numb body. She was cold. I moved her head to my lap and continued to shake her.

"C'mon Wake Up!"

No response. I took out my phone from my pocket and dialled 911.

"Hello! What's the emergency?

"M-My wife have hit h-her head. There's bl-blood everyone. Send someone immediately here!" I said, looking down at her.

"Sir, please calm down. Please tell us your location."

"Um...its (random address)"

"The ambulance is on its way sir."

I threw the phone on floor and covered her head with my hand to stop the blood. My heart was heavy and I could fell difficulty in breathing. I knew, I needed her and I cant loose her. I looked at her and tears formed in my eyes.

"I'm s-sorry okay? Don't leave me." I sobbed and moved her back and forth.

Suddenly our room door burst open and people came with strecher. They put her body on it and took her out of the house. They carried her to the ambulance.
.
.
.
5 hours have passed away and I was at the waiting room. In those 5 hours, I have realised how much she means to me in my life. I never cared about her because I am scared to admit my feelings towards her. I tried to moved on from them by sleeping with other women, which was so wrong of me. I cheated on her multiple times and doesn't gave any explanation to her. I have even hurt her, mentally and physically.

How she was still with me after what I did to her. She doesn't deserve me. She deserves so much better than me. But being needy and selfish, I can't losses. I can't imagine myself without her. Her humming of songs when she's cleaning. Her sweet voice when she sings songs.

I can't loose her.

"Mr.Jones?" I came out of my thoughts and saw doctor in front of me.

"Yes its me. How's she? Is she alright?" I asked worriedly.

"We have discovered that being dizziness caused her the wound on her head. Any specific reason why she didn't ate anything? That's very bad for her health."

"What do you mean she didn't eat anything?"

"Hunger Mr.Jones. She didn't ate anything in 3 days. It caused your wife dizziness and she hit her head. We have given her medicine and stitched the cut. You can see her now." He said and walked away.

I backed to the wall until my back hit. I stood there stunned. She was going through so much just because of me. She even didn't eat because I insult her towards her appearance. I was the one who caused it.

I opened the door slowly and saw her peacefully sleeping on the hospital's bed. It closed the door behind me and sat on the chair near her bed. Her eyes slowly opened and met mine. What I saw in her eyes made my heart drop. She was scared. I could see fear in her eyes.

"H-Hey it's okay! D-Dont be scared." I said calmly. I was biting my lip to stop myself crying in front of her.

"W-What I-How I..." "You hit you head and ended up here. Why didn't you eat? Why you drop food betts?" I asked softly and she looked surprised. I noticed what I have done.

"Um sorry it just slipped out of my tongue." I looked down.

Again there was a complete silence between us. Only we could here was our fast breathing. I couldn't hold it anymore and broke it tears. She looked surprised and worried at same time.

"Im sorry Betty! Im so sorry. I-I made you life a living hell and now see what I have done. Y-You are here just because of me. Its all my fault. All of it. You married a wrong guy Betty. You deserve so much, so much better than me. Someone who will keep you happy not like me that insult on every single time. Someone who will cherish you, not m-me who just disrespect you. But that c-cant love you like I do Betty! I love you " I sobbed and her eyes widen.

"Yes! I love you and I was scared to admit it. I tried to get away from these feeling by cheating on you but I failed. I failed myself, I failed you and I failed our marriage"

"I'm s-so sorry Betty. I will sorry my whole life. I-If you want i could arrange divorce papers right away. B-But again, I cant loose you. I am a selfish but I wont force you. I will do whatever you want. I am really so-sorry." I finished and cried in my hands. I felt her hands on my shoulder and I looked up to meet her eyes. They were streaming tears.

"You have h-hurt me!" She sobbed.

"I-I know, I'm sorry" I said and cupped her cheeks. She let out a sob and I wiped her tears with my thumb.

"I need time, Jug. The wound on my feeling are deep, they will take time. And I don't want divorce. You regret it, I believe you." She said softly. I nodded my head fast and hugged her.

.
.
.

2 weeks later

Betty was in bedroom sleeping and I was in kitchen, making coffee for her. I was about to pour it in the cup when I heard knock on door.

I opened the door and it revealed, Veronica.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confusingly.

"I missed you!" She said and walked pass me.

"What you mean?"

"C'mon Jughead! Don't you want to have fun?" She said in a flirting tone and touched my chest. I grabbed her hands and pulled them away from my body.

"No! What I had with you was a mistake. I am very happy with my wife. You can leave now!" I said pointing towards door.

She scoffted.

"What wife? You didn't cared about her right? Now what happened?"

"Love! That you will never understand. Get out!" I yelled at her last part and she walked out of the house. I sigh and moved my hands through my hairs.

"Wow!" I heard.

I turned around to see Betty.

"You're awake?" I said, smiling at her.

She nodded and smiled back. Her smile that flatters my heart everytime. The smile that I will make sure that will not get lost now and in future.

......