Isn't it seem strange?

Jughead Jones

I hopped out of my car and fixed my hair, looking in it's side mirror. I let out a breath and walked through her House's porch to the main door.

I knocked on the door and took a step back. A sound of click came and the door opened, revealing my beautiful girlfriend in a amazing grey dress. Her hairs were down and she looked marvelous. Her cheeks went red and she looked down.

"Sorry..you just look so beautiful" I blushed, scratching my back neck.

"It's fine. You don't look bad yourself"

I smiled and handed her my arm,"You ready for our last year prom?" I asked her.

She smiled and linked her arms with me, "yes! Let's go."

.
.
.

At the front door of school we met Archie and Veronica. We hugged each other and talked about normal things until I found Archie looking at Betty weirdly. It wasn't a normal friend glance, it was admiring. Veronica also caught Archie looking at her and made a eye contact with me. We both looked at each other confusingly and shrugged it off.

"Shall we go inside?" I asked and all of them agreed.

"Archie, you're performing today right?" I asked him. He cleared his throat and nodded his head. Why he was behaving werid today.

"Attention here!" Cheryl started. She was standing on the stage with a mike."Let's start this evening with Archie Andrew's song. Cheer up for him." She said and everyone clapped. Archie quickly went behind the stage and came out with a guitar. He sat on the chair and placed a mike in front of his mouth and another in front of guitar.

He started the song and we listened it in awe. Everything was going fine until he looked completely at Betty, singing every lyrics and it a showed, it was about her. The lyrics matched her. It showed that he was singing the song for...her.

It was heart drop for me. Betty was also looking at him. She didn't looked confused. She seemed to me as she knew what he was doing. I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw a teary Veronica behind me.

"What he is doing?" She asked and took a shaky breath. I was feeling awful but I also felt bad for her.

"I-I don't know what's between them? Why they are acting strange?" I whispered to her.

"D-Do you think did they–" "–we can't assume anything. We need to know the truth tho" I said softly and let out a big sigh. My best friend and girlfriend, this thought sickens me. What if what Veronica was saying true, what if they went behind our back and...she can't? She told me I was the only man in her life. She won't do it, would she?

"What w-we do?" She asked.

"I-I know it's stupid and you have to flirt with me and be close to each other. I need to know how this will effect them. How they will feel. If I'm not wrong, if there's anything they are hiding, we will find out." I whispered to her. She looked worried but nodded her head. I slowly moved my head and called Betty's name.

"Huh? Yes?" She asked.

"Do you want to grab a drink?"

"N-No I'm fine" She said, looking down. I raised my eyebrows at Veronica and she came to us. "Oh Juggie! Let me come with you." She said. I saw Betty looking at us confusingly. "Of course" I said, smiling at her and grabbing her hand. We went to the small bar and glanced back at Betty and saw her standing uncomfortably. Archie song was over and he back from the stage. He looked like her asked her something and she said something to him, throwing her arms in air. They looked like arguing. The song soon started and other students started dancing on the floor.