Excuses

Betty P.O.V

Today was the day,
That I been waiting for months. Jughead's and mine 2nd anniversary. Its been two years since we got together. Two years since we are in love with each other.

I am deeply in love with him but I don't think if he feels the same anymore.

I have organized 5 dates in last 2 months and he always bailed on me. If he cant come, his excuses does.

"Sorry Betts! Toni needed help with homework"

"Betty I'm so sorry. Toni and serpents needed me."

"I'm sorry Betts! Serpent's call!"

And if he came, he would be one hour late and make excuses to leave early. But I ignored them all. I wanted this night to be the best night for both of us. He didn't had time for me at previous times, but I am sure he wont miss this one..right?

As we had decided, I made home cooked food for us and wore the beautiful dress that I purchased from mall for this moment. It was a skin fitting black dress ends right above my knees. I decorated the whole room with candles and flowers petals on the table. It looked marvellous.

I looked at the time, It was 8:05. He was supposed to be here 5 minutes ago but I'm sure he will soon enter from the door and say something like he was stuck in traffic.

Another hour passed away and the food on the table was cold as my heart. Tears were starting to develop in my eyes, ruining the makeup. My phone buzzed and when I looked at the message, It broke my heart into 2 pieces.

"Sorry Betts! Toni need me with some urgent work. Can't make it tonight!"

My phone fell from my trembling hands and landed on the floor. Tears were running down from my cheeks. He bailed on me. Again! He was supposed to be here, with me enjoying our 2nd anniversary but he choose Toni on me. I didn't had enough energy to drag myself to my room, I lay down on the couch and cried myself to sleep.

3rd P.O.V

It was 11pm when the front door opened quietly and Jughead entered the house. His eyes went wide when he saw the whole room was beautifully decorated with candles. Cold food was still on the table and rose petals around it. It broke his heart. He eyes finally fell on the blonde on the couch, curled up in a ball. Her tears stained cheeks. Her dry eye liner running down from her eyes. Her sight, made his heart drop. He kicked himself for doing this to her. That she didn't deserved.

He grabbed her shoulder and tried to wake her up. Her eyes flicker open and stooped when she saw him. She said anything but moved away from him.

"Betts so sorry for our date." He said grabbing her hands. She pulled them back and grabbed a glass of water, still ignoring him.

"Why are you ignoring me?" He said.

She still didn't replied and placed her glass on the sink.

"Come on Betty! It was just a simple date. Get over it!

Betty turned around to meet his eyes and quickly looked away.

"Happy 2nd anniversary Jughead" She said and ran towards her room.

Betty P.O.V

"Shit"

I heard him say after ne running to our room and closing it. I quickly changed from the dress and removed the makeup and jewelry. This night was supposed to be us, being together in each other arms but he choose other people than me.

I was going through my book when I saw Jughead entering the room with a guilty look on his face.

"B-Betts..I'm so sorry"

I was again getting emotional. Tears were again forming in my eyes whenever my eyes were meeting his.

"Where were you?" I asked quietly.

"Toni! She needed me with some serpent work and it took more time than expected. That's why I cancelled it.----"

"---Baby I'm so sorry that I forget our anniversary" He said.

"As expected" I mumbled.

"What!?" He asked in confusion. I looked up to meet his confused eyes with mine angry ones.

"I said that what I expected! YOU ARE ALWAYS WITH SERPENTS OR WITH TONI. TONI THIS!!!TONI THAT!! HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT ME! WHAT I FEEL WHEN YOU BAIL ON ME ON LAST MOMENT." I yelled on his face. Instead of guilty look, his eyes took fire. Great! He was angry now.

"Why are you bringing Toni into this? Oh! Now i get it!!! YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS. I DIDN'T KNEW YOU WERE THAT KIND OF GIRL BETTY!"

"I'm not that kind of Girl Jughead. I'm just saying that you never have time of me. You are always. Even if its Serpents or Toni. You always choose them on me." I sobbed out and wiped a coming tear.

"THEY ARE MY FAMILY?" He yelled.

"I thought I was also but I dont think you do!" I snapped back.

He eyes were red. He moved his hand and I flinched away. I thought he was going hit me, just like everyone. Everyone I have loved have hurt me. My first boyfriend was an abusive one. He would hit me multiple time.

My father was an alcoholic. He would get drunk and beat me. I have feared of getting hurt. I have told Jughead about it because when I opened my eyes and looked at him, his eyes were soft. No more anger.

"B-Betts?" His voice was soft. I didn't knew how to react at that moment. I was lost of words. My whole body was trembling. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me.

"I'm so s-sorry Betts. I-I would n-never hurt you. Im so freaking sorry to yell at you. I'm such a idiot!!!! First I forgot our date and then yell at you for nothing. Y-You deserve so m-much better than me." He cried in my neck. I could feel his tears.

He pulled away and looked in my eyes.

"I love you so much and I h-hate this to say..if you want bre-----"

"-Stop it there! No! I dont want a break up but you really hurt me.!'

" I know and I'm so sorry. P-Please Betty Please forgive me?" He cried .

"O-Okay but if you did it again we are over! You understand!" I said.

He nodded his head quickly and wrapped his arms again around me.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked.

"You don't have to ask!" I giggled and kissed him.
.
.
.
.
.
He never missed a date after that night and he proved how much he regret his mistake.