You Left (4)

Betty P.O.V

"So Elizabeth, how are you?" He said.

How much i missed him, i couldn't explain it. Why i left, i dont know. I did remember what i said, i want to focus on my career but the truth was it wasn't me, it was my mother. I remember her words saying that it will worth it if i leave Riverdale. There is no future for me here. And being her perfect daughter, i belived what she said and left. But i regret it a minute after i left the hospital. I wanted to go back and settle everything but it was already late.

"J-Jug..Is t-that her?" I asked looking at the child sleeping in his arms. She was beautiful.

He looked down and smiled at her and looked up with a straight face.

"Yeah, thats the daughter you left year ago." His cold words broke my heart and i knew, i deserve it.

"Jug..please i can explain it?" I sobbed.

"Explain what Be-" He stopped and shake his head,
"-Elizabeth! Explain what? There's nothing to explain except one thing!" He said.

He took a deep breath.

"Are you here for...Her? Are you gonna take her away from me?" He asked. It broke my heart. How could he would think that of me.

"Jug! No! I wouldn't do such thing. I know how much she meant to you." I said softly.

He nodded. Suddenly the child started to cry and Jughead started to move her back forth.

"Aww baby its alright! Are you hungry?" He said. That sight made me mad and happy. Mad on myself, why i left? I would have such great family. And happy because of them together. But she was not getting quiet. She continued crying.

"C-Can I?" I asked.

He looked up and took a minute before handling her to me. Suddenly she became quiet and started playing with me necklace. That necklace that Jughead gave to me on our 5 anniversary.

"Wow!" He said.

I looked up and his eyes were shocked.

"I guess she found her mother." I said while holding her little hands.

"Juilet! Her name is Juilet." He said. I looked up and my eyes we're watery. That was his name for me.

"Jug, Please let me explain it?" I begged him.

He sigh and nodded.

"I never meant to hurt you so badly. I never wanted to leave. Before Juilet was born, Mom visited me. She told me such lies that i belived. She told me that you will be not good enough for me. That you will run away or take my child away. That i should not be here and leave Riverdale. It will be worth it for me. And i believed her. Im so sorry Jug. I should have never trusted her. She just wanted to tear us apart and she succeed in it. It made me regret a minute after i left hospital but i didn't have enough courage to come back. Please im sorry Juggie." I cried.

He had tears in his eyes. He didn't said anything just looked at me.

"Didn't you have enough trust on me? What was our relationship based on Betty?" His voice was broken.

"Jug I had trust on you. But i trusted her also because she is my mother. But now i regret it." I cried.

He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came. There was certain silence between us. I looked down and saw Juilet is asleep again. I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

I looked up and see and blank Jughead.

"If you want i will leave you guys alone? I will never come back in you life again?" I said.

He didn't replied. I thought i got my answer.

I placed a sleeping Juilet on his lap and grabbed my purse.

"Goodbye Jug" I said and left the diner.

I dont know how to explain how i was feeling right now. I was destroyed. The family which belonged to me wants nothing but me to leave them alone. I shouldn't have done such horrible thing in past. I went to my hotle and  grabbed my things.

I went to Riverdale station and took a ticket of Greendale where i was living from last 1 year. I sat on the nearest bench and waited for my bus.

The bus finally came and i looked back if someone was here for me. But there was no one. I sigh and went towards the bus. Before i could step in it, i was pulled back and enveloped in a hug. That leather jacket, that raven hair and that Cologne belong to one person only.

"J-Jug!" I said while hugging him back.

He pulled away from hug pulled me away from bus.

"How Could You! How Could You Think Of Leaving Us Again?" He yelled. But now, his yelling was making me happy.

"J-Juggie!" I said holding his cheek.

"Betty please dont leave us alone again this time. Juilet needs you. I need you." He said and placed his hands on mine.

I nodded quickly and let out a happy laugh and hugged him.

"I am sorry, im sorry" I said against his chest.

"I forgive you." He said and kissed my forehead.

In that moment, i knew i have earned my family back and i was never ever leaving them again.

.......

Do you guys have any suggestions?
I am out of ideas!! 🌸