37-Gunshots.

Changbin wished to be able to spend more time like this with his family. While closing his eyes he blew the candles with his desire on mind but what made him flutter them wide open weren't the happy cheers of his parents, but the loud sound of gunshots.

  He froze in place as he slowly looked up from his birthday cake to look at his parents in confusion. He didn't even have the time to process or ask what was going on as another gunshot was heard from the living room and more screams followed after it making his parents shot up from their seats and immediately run towards the dinning room's door to lock it and they both started pushing fournitures in front of it to make it harder to open.

"Mom, dad, what's going on?" Both Changbin and his sister asked, the fear was filling their voices and faces as they backed away from the table trying to get as far away from the door as possible. They could still hear the painful cries of the maids and the angry unfamiliar voices yelling as their footsteps got louder and closer indicating that they're already on their way to the dinning room.

"Changbin take your sister and go downstairs!" His father demanded as he grabbed the chairs that they were once sitting on and pushed them against the door.

"W-what? Why? I don't-" Changbin started still not fully understanding what's going on but his mother cut him off and turned him around to face her.

"Honey please take your sister and hide in the basement and don't come out unless we call for you, okay?" His mother said, her voice was shaking and eyes slowly filling with tears as she tried to push her son towards the basement's door.

"What about you? I-I can't leave you alone!" Changbin shook his head and tried to walk past her and help his father but she stopped him once again.

"Listen bin," She started as she cupped his cheeks and made him look at her "Don't worry about us, we will be okay. Just make sure you and your sister are safe."

"Changbin just go!" His father shouted when he saw the doorknob turning and someone trying to push the door open "Hurry up!"

"Open the door!" Someone barked from outside the room, his voice was rising to a crescendo of rage as he slammed hard on the door.

"B-but-" Changbin mumbled but stopped when he heard more voices joining in the hallway and the door starting to shake. He looked once again at his parents who were now panicking and trying to hold the door closed and then at his sister who was just silently crying behind him. He turned back to his mother and grabbed her hand "Promise me you're going to be okay"

"I promise," His mother reassured and forced a smile that didn't seem comforting at all for changbin but he forced himself to smile back at her and glanced at his father who just nodded at him and mentioned for him to go.

"Come on," He said to his sister as he grabbed her hand and dragged her downstairs to the basement.

"Binnie, who are these people? why are they attacking us?" Yunhee asked in a low voice as she followed close behind her brother.

"I don't know," Changbin shook his head and scowled as he slowly walked inside the dark basement. He could barely see anything and the smell of the rotting walls was overwhelming.

The cold sweat was glistening on his furrowed brows and tickling down his neck as he searched around for a good place to hide. He hated this idea. He knew it was stupid and the fact that he had to leave his parents upstairs to god knows what didn't make it any better in fact it only made him want to go back up there and help them but he couldn't just leave his sister alone. He had no other choice, he needed to protect her.

He took a deep breath and continued looking through the basement and sighed when his eyes landed on the huge old cardboard boxes that were pushed in one of the corners and immediately headed towards them, still dragging Yunhee behind him.