Was it obvious to everbody else? (Jimercury)

Freddie's POV:

I closed the door of her house, deep pain in my chest starting to form. She had promised me everything, and now she was taking it all back for someone else. Everything Mary promised me was now worthless. I was probably worthless in her eyes now. She was happy with her life, and it meant that I wasn't in any way important in her life from now on.

She used to be feeling unhappy often. She told me how bad she felt each time because I didn't give her the choice. I was here for her and always asked how she was doing and I told her how incredible she was each time she talked bad about herself. She was there for me too, she comforted me when the days were harder, when the fights began being bigger with the boys, when the days were lonelier. She was the one I could always go to when I needed someone to talk because there was no one that knew about the real me as much as Mary.

But she began being happier, she had a new boyfriend, she had a new life ahead of her. A happy life that I could have given her, no matter of close we were as friends. So she decided that I wasn't necessary anymore. She stopped calling, she stopped caring. I tried reaching out to her several times, she didn't ask how I was doing anymore. She didn't notice the loneliness in my voice when I talked to her, she didn't notice my not so subtle attempts to make her visit me. I stopped being important.

_____

"Nobody loves me, Mary." I told her sadly.

She put her hand on my cheek and forced me to look at her. She smiled at me. She brought me closer to her.

"I'll always love you, Freddie. Forever." She answered.

_____

Was it obvious to everybody else that I'd fallen for a lie? She made me believe I was worth something to her, she made me believe I mattered in this world full of shit, lies and betrayal. I believed every word that came out of her mouth.

She told me David wasn't good enough for me. She said I was better without Joe because he didn't have the right to leave me like that. She comforted me when he left. She told me I should have never been with Tony and that she knew from the start he was bad for me, that he wouldn't be faithful. She told me to get away from Bill, that he wouldn't give me anything good. She told me it would never work out with Winnie, even if love him dearly. I always believed her.

I would have stayed with them otherwise, even if they weren't always good with me, they were the ones that could make me the closest to love as possible. But no matter how much I loved and cared for everyone, no matter how hard I tried to keep people close to me, they always left, one after another.

It was the same with John, Brian and Roger. They had families and wives now, they had better things to do than spend their time with me. After every session at the studio, they now went home instead of going out like we used to. They had their friends that I didn't know. And me, I had my parties, in my incredibly big mansion. I had my cats, my art pieces, my piano, my garden. I was stupid, buying a house too big for me, and then throwing gigantic parties in it, only to fill the hole in my heart that kept growing day after day. I had never been so lonely in my entire life.

But who could I talk to about it, now?

I had been to her house today to talk to her about everything happening between us. I didn't like to admit it, but I went to see her also because I couldn't stop seeing her, it hurt too much. I confronted her, about her lying to me, about her not caring anymore, about her forgetting about me. And she kept joking, like it wasn't anything serious, like I was a fucking joke. And then she told me that she was happy now, and that it was without me.