Maycury Week 2020

Prompt: When are you going to kiss me?

"I'm sorry"

There's blood seeping from his brow, falling on the wet ground. It's dark, but he's not alone, they're still there. They're not leaving him alone.

"Of course, I love you, you know it."

He's hurting, it hurts so much everywhere. He doesn't think he can move. Maybe he has broken bones, that's what he's beginning to think. He would ask for help, he would scream, but he's too dizzy, his head is pounding. He doesn't know how long he's been there since they started, he can't remember.

"It's just harder than I thought it'd be."

Brian's not there. He's home. No. Freddie doesn't have a home anymore. Not without him. He doesn't know what he's gonna do. How he could ever look at the guitarist again. He doesn't know what will happen to the band.

"I'm so sorry."

He wants to cry. He hasn't been able to, not yet. It's still making it hard to breathe, that and the boots on his chest that never stop hitting him. He doesn't know if he'll ever be able to breathe again. Not after being geared apart, mentally and physically.

"I think we should break up."

There's black spots in his vision ever since his head hit the ground. A boot is crushing his hand on the pavement. He stifles a scream, he can't look weaker than he already does. He'll be fine. It's okay, he'll be alright. He'll be so alright.

Of course he won't be.

"I just can't do it."

Brian had been ashamed, unable to stay with him for longer than he already did. Maybe he's been ashamed of him. Maybe Freddie's been too clingy, too needy. Maybe he couldn't bare to have people looking at them while they were holding their hands, while they kissed. Maybe he hasn't loved him enough to stay with him. Nobody will ever love him like Brian loved him. No one.

"I'm sorry, Freddie."

He's sobbing. He can't help it. It just gets out without his permission. His body shakes with the freezing cold wind. He's shaking because of the two men that just keep on going. They're going to hit him until he dies, he's sure of it. He won't get out of this alive. Maybe it's for the best.

"Shut up, freak!"

There's a final punch to his head, at least the last one before he doesn't feel anything. The last one before he blacks out.

"I'm sorry, Brian, that I wasn't enough to make you stay."

_____

Brian never wanted to receive a call like that. Even less today, after the night he had, he just wants to be alone, to think, to mourn over his now ex boyfriend. It's his fault, he's the one who ended it. He's the one who hurt them both, who stopped the beautiful thing they had, who made the sparkle die in Freddie's eyes.

"He's in an artificial coma for now, because of all the morphine."

He wants to know what happened, who hurt Freddie. Who hurt the one he loves. Of course he still loves him, he probably will forever. But the pression had been too much. He couldn't handle the whispers when they walked in the streets hand in hand. He couldn't handle the hatred articles about them. He has no idea how Freddie still manages to live and to love freely with those things.

But he's seen how hurt the singer looked when he pulled away his hand in public one time. He noticed how sad he looked when he avoided his kisses. He couldn't handle Freddie being sad, so he ended it, thinking it was for the best. He's still not sure it really was. He couldn't protect Freddie anymore.