5. Big Trouble

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I can explain." I said quickly, my heart was racing and I knew I was in a lot of trouble.

"You better explain right now young lady." My dad said trying to keep calm. My mum sat on the chair and put her head in her hands.

"Okay, well, I-" I stopped as there was a thump upstairs. I swallowed and looked up. I slowly looked back at my dad and he clenched his fists and walked up the stairs.

Shit.

I followed him up quickly and he unlocked my bedroom door. I stood there watching as the door opened. Miles was on one leg hopping into his trousers.

"Dad, I-" he cut me off and raised a hand to me. Miles slowly got dressed and I gave him a sorry look.

"Hello." My dad said surprisingly calm. But this is the first time he's caught me doing anything, so I guess I don't know what to expect.

"Uh, hey." Miles said giving me a look.

"Dad, look-" I began.

"Shut up Jennifer." He said glaring at me. I did as I was told.

"So, do you think it's a good thing to be giving my daughter drugs?" My dad spat. Ugh, god he's got it all wrong.

My dad shoved the drugs at Miles' chest and Miles put his hands up in surrender. "Hey! Those aren't mine!" Miles exclaimed.

"Dad, plea-"

"Jennifer!" he shouted. I stepped back and didn't speak unless I was spoken to after that.

"Who is this Jennifer." My dad said sternly.

"H-h-he's m-my b-boyfriend, dad." I said slowly. My dad turned to me and glared. He shook his head.

"What was he doing in your bed?" He asked. I swallowed.

"U-um, he I-I..." I trailed off.

"I just spent the night with her, she hurt her hand on a piece of glass, outside and I cleaned it up for her. She didn't want me to go because she was upset so I stayed." Miles said trying to sound reasonable. My dad frowned.

"Jim." I turned to see Sherlock. My dad turned and frowned.

"You were supposed to be watching her." My dad spat.

"I was." Sherlock said calmly. "Right, so you stopped her from having drugs and from sleeping with him." He said. I swallowed. Sherlock knew I had a party.

"Yes, those drugs were an experiment and they must have been left here. Where are they?" Sherlock said. Miles pointed below him an Sherlock picked them up. He smiled slightly. "Thanks. This guy, he's, um, Miles?" I nodded my head. "Yes, well Jen was walking from the taxi bringing some things in for me when she fell and hurt her hand on some glass. Miles just happened to walk by and he helped her, very well too. This is my fault Jim. Do not take it out on these two. In fact, why don't I take Miles home and I'll take Jennifer out to help me on a case? You and Samantha can be alone this way and have time to calm down." I looked at my dad, hoping he'd agree.

"Fine. Go. But when you come back I'll be having serious words with you young lady." My dad said. I nodded and Miles, Sherlock and dad went downstairs to wait until I got changed.

***

I walked downstairs and Sherlock and Miles walked out the front door. I followed them and shut the door after me. I sighed and got in a taxi Sherlock had stopped. I say in the back wedged between Miles and Sherlock.

"I'm so sorry Miles. I didn't know they were coming back early. If I had known then-" I stopped as Miles kissed me suddenly.

"It's okay. At least I know not to mess with your dad. He's crazy." He said chuckling. I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Sherlock?" I said. He looked at me smiling.

"Yes." He said.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"Do what?"

"Help me. You took the blame." I said.

"It was nothing." He said.

Soon enough we reached Miles' house. He turned to me and kissed me. Then he whispered into my ear, "Despite the events of this morning, last night was perfect with you."

I giggled and he got out the taxi. "We'd have to do it again sometime." He said before winking and shutting the taxi door.

The taxi driver started up again and a few minutes later Sherlock said, "Do what again?" He asked confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Miles said you'd both have to 'do it again' sometime. Do what again?" He explained.

I felt my cheeks going red. "Uh, it doesn't matter. Why did you take the blame?" I said avoiding the question. He must have been thinking about it for a long time then..

"U-I'm. I tried warning you that thy were coming home early. I tried ringing you. But I just didn't want you to be in trouble." He said avoiding eye contact.

"Why?" I asked.

"B-because, I- I don't know. I just wanted to." He said shyly.

I smiled and the taxi went quiet.