13. Last Resort

"Stupid?" He asked. "I followed you. He was gonna- I-" he stopped.

"What?" I asked.

"He was trying to- he was- he was going to- I-" Miles stopped and sighed.

"It's alright. I'm-"

"No. It's not alright. He could have hurt you." He said.

"But my dad-"

"No. I followed you and I called your dad to tell him to get you." He confessed.

"But if you were there why didn't you-"

"Because I couldn't do it. I just couldn't..." He trailed off and looked apologetically at me. "I'm going to the shops need anything?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Um, I'm going to bed. I'm tired." I muttered. He nodded and left. I got up and sighed. I honestly needed to sleep it off.

I changed into a vet top and some pajama bottoms. I checked my phone to find 34 missed calls and 23 messages on my phone from my parents. I turned my phone of and left it.

I soon fell asleep.

***
I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and I sighed. I couldn't sleep properly. Not at all.

I felt Miles' arm wrapped around me tightly and I attempted to push it away to he up when I saw something scrawled faintly on his hand. I frowned to see it was a number. A mobile number. With Vanessa written next to it. My heart sank and I pushed his arm violently off me. I got up and walked into the bathroom. His parents hadn't gotten back and I wondered if they were staying at a hotel or something.

I looked at myself in the mirror and ran the tap. I put my hands under the icy water and washed my face. I looked up into the mirror to find Miles walking in sleepily and attempting to wrap his arms around me. I turned and shoved him aside before walking to gather my belongings. Yes, I was moving again. Where to? I don't know. As long as I'm away from the idiots that always cross my path.

"Babe?" he asked following me. "Why are you unpacking. It a bit late isn't it?"

"I'm just putting all my belongs back. I'm leaving." I said bluntly.

"What?" He said confused. I turned to him and held his hands.

"I'm sorry Miles," I said, pushing his hand up to his face to show him what I saw, "But I think Vanessa and you shall be very happy." I spat turning away.

"Aw fuck." He murmured. "Jennifer please.
It wasn't- I didn't- don't do this please." He begged and pleaded. I still ignored him and zipped up my bag. He took my shoulder and spun me round to face him. "It was a mistake. I was drunk and after seeing you with that guy that night I went to a bar and I- fuck. I know it seems a stupid excuse but I really didn't know what I was thinking." He said still holding me.

I nudged his hand off my shoulder and picked my suitcase up and walked out of his room. He chased after me and pulled me back. "Jennifer." I fought with him and tried to push him back, however he was too strong and he shoved me against the wall and held me there, causing me to drop my bag. He pressed against me and said, "Please don't leave. I need you and-"

"Yo don't need me. You have Vanessa. In fact I'm sure you'll be calling her after I leave." I said trying to push him away. His grip only tightened and he refused to let me go. It began to hurt slightly as he pushed me backwards. "Miles you're hurting. Get off." I said sternly.

He realized and quickly let go. I picked up my bag and walked down the stairs. "Don't be such a hypocrite." He mumbled catching up to me.

"Hypocrite? I see, so when I 'kiss' Sherlock you think it's okay to go and hook up with girls. Way to go to being the bigger person." I said.

"Who is Sherlock?" He asked.

"Nobody." I said sighing. I opened the front door. It was raining outside.

"Oh Jennifer. Please." Miles said behind me. I swallowed and turned to him.

"Like I said, I'm sorry." I received a heartbroken look from him but I tried to remain calm and neutral.

I walked down the path and the rain was pouring down. "Jennifer!" Miles called me but if he was that bothered in keeping me then he would have ran into the rain and came and got me.

I finally reached a taxi and I got inside. "Hello love, where to?"

"Um, uh, I-" then it hit me. My last resort,
"221B Baker Street please." I said.

"Course." He replied. I watched the rain fall onto the window and slowly slide down the cool, frosty glass.

So, Sherlock it is then.