Puzzles & Treasure

Treasure~Ateez

My Pov

The strange dark vines hung around the dark corridors as we ventured deeper into the tombs. Suddenly some of the vines started to move forward, rushing at us.

"WHAT THE HECK!" Taeyong cursed as he immediately grabbed my hand and together we sprinted ahead. More like super sped through.

Shouts were heard behind us, but we had no time to turn back.

"Oh no! Guys, I think we're separated from them while running away from the vines." Realized Taeyong as we finally came to a halt by a strange statue.

Xiao swore as he looked behind him.

"Xiao you there?" I asked as I looked back.

"Yeah." Breathed Xiao.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Here." Replied Taeyong.

"Behind you mate," Replied Felix, gently tapping Taeyong's back.

"I didn't see them run this way." Admitted Taeyong

"Nor did I." Added Felix, shaking his head.

"Well, I guess it's just us for now." Sighs Taeyong as he glanced around.

We walked further down the corridor, which then got narrower as we went.

We passed through the entrance that was roughly an average person high and walked carefully down the stone stairs.

The torches Taeyong and Wuxie lit only lit the first few steps on the way down, but interestingly, some luminous gemstones inlaid on the paintings and walls shone faintly in the darkness, barely lighting up the way ahead. 

There were a lot of ancient carvings along the wall and old paintings.

The paint was chipping away.

The corridor then led to a larger hallway.

We got closer and found many ice and geostructures.

There were many different statues.

We examined the statue in front of us, it was a huge mermaid statue.  The mermaid statue had a string of pearls around its neck. She wore a pearl crown. Her facial expression was a mixture of calmness and authority.

The mermaid held a golden trident studded with pearls and treasures of the sea. Her scales were real, like a dragon's. The armor that was placed around her was golden and studded with pearls as well. In front of her were three small treasure chests. The first chest was studded with pearls and had a golden lock. Another wooden treasure chest had a gold and silver lining, and finally a gold treasure chest with bronze and silver lines, and a crystal treasure chest was the fourth one.

Something was inscribed into the statue, it read "To restore the order of the sea."

"Wait, is there a specific order to open the chest so we don't trigger a trap?" I asked suddenly.

"Yeah there should be. You could be right about that." Nodded Taeyong.

"But which one do we open first?" Asked Felix, jumping in.

"Well, let's find some clues," I suggested as I already started looking around.

We looked at the scene around us, this section of the chamber is like a hexagon, with 6 directions, but only one entrance and exit. The exit is blocked by something.

"Fatty doesn't touch that!" Yelled Wu Xie.

Fatty gingerly reached for the pearl chest but quickly retracted his hands as soon as Xiao and Wu Xie yelled.

"Those artifacts I wonder what's so special about them." Felix thinks.

I raised my flashlight as it shone across the ancient paintings on the wall.

The paintings contained mermaids gathering beneath the sea, depicting them as civilians and deities. I then glanced at the next painting, they were giving gifts to a mermaid queen. The mermaid queen accepts their treasures and was shown sitting on a sand throne. Then the next painting depicted a battle scene. It was the battle between the surface, the sea,
and even the sky. Wait even the sky?!

I took a closer look at the people flying from the sky, they all had wings, angel wings, and others had demon wings or animal wings.

There were even some creatures that looked like aliens in the painting.

Why did they want the four treasure chests of the four realms? So they all want to rule the world and not want anyone else there.

Wuxie then lit a candle.

"If it ceases to burn, drop everything and leave." Wu Xie explains.

Later

"Look, these shining stars up there!" Taeyong shone his flashlight across the ceiling

"So these constellation line corresponds with the treasure of the pattern." Wu Xie realizes.

"Then this must be the ancient treasures buried here!" Fatty yelled, shocked.

"Woah..." Taeyong goes.

"So the celestial light that guides the traveling road, through anemo, geo, electro, hydro, pyro, cryo, and omni-element." I began, seeing the elements in a circle at the center of the ceiling as I shone my flashlight across.

"Perhaps it was fate that in this modern world, the aliens would appear." Taeyong whispered.

Wu Xie began to read the writing on the wall, and it seemed to flow like a poem. A light appears on the corresponding ornament and statue, flying toward the treasure.

By the time Wu Xie and Zhang Qi Ling finished reading, the treasures have been surrounded by 8 different lights that represented the visions, with stars, crowns, and flowers dimly visible.

But Seeking No Providence~Huang Chao

Later

We climbed out of the tombs and got into our SUVs.

"What's the next location?" I asked the Iron Triangle friends.

"The second highest peak of this snow mountain." Wu Xie points at the mysterious map.

That was where the Celestial Cloud Palace 云顶天宫 was located.