27

Chapter 27

"We exist in moments, nothing more

"We exist in moments, nothing more."

»»————- ☠ ————-««

Aurora sat on the hood of the truck as she watched Cade fly a small drone over to the ATM outside of a gas station. The sun was warm on the black fabric of her pants, making her wish she had worn shorts or a least lighter coloured pants.

"This is not easy." Cade stated as he struggled to maneuver the drone.

Tessa looked down at her dad and looked at the screen, "You know, you don't suck at everything, Dad." Tessa reminded him as she sat in the passenger seat with her feet out the window.

Aurora glanced down at the screen just to see the ATM flash 'DECLINED. LOCKED ACCOUNT.' Cade muttered to himself as he flew the drone back to where the group sat. The four watched as police began swarming the station with their guns drawn.

Aurora slid off the hood and gave it a pat before she looked at the others, "Let's get out of here." She said as she took her spot back in the drivers seat, the belt fastening itself across her chest with a slight squeeze.

Optimus pulled back on to the road before driving out to the middle of no where, Cade glanced over to the blonde who sat with her hand loosely gripping the wheel in front of her giving the allusion she was driving to anyone who passed.

"How long have you known him?" Cade asked, curious as he looked at her.

Aurora shrugged "A long time." She stated as she looked over at him, "I was 18, in my final year of high school."

"So you were in all the other wars? Even Chicago?" Tessa asked as she leaned forward.

"Yeah. I was." Aurora sighed, the memories of all the wars flooding back to her. Aurora looked back out the window, her emotions beginning to rise up into her throat at the mention.

Static came from the radio before Optimus began calling the remaining Autobots. "Calling all Autobots. Calling all Autobots." Aurora watched as a white Western star semi drove by and watched as the small blue beam scanned it.

The seat she was sitting in flew back and forth, a new leather caressing the back of her head. She watched in the mirror and watched as the old faded red and blue paint chipped off and revealed a bright, vibrant red and blue.

"Whoa! Oh, my god!" Cade yelled as he gripped the door handle and looked around the truck in shock. The man looked over at the blonde who had a smile on her face as she rubbed the seat.