34

Chapter 34

"Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time

"Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

»»————- ☠ ————-««

"You know, I can't believe you right now." The man said as he looked at the woman who sat in the recliner, drink in hand. "You're a war hero, and now all you do is drink until you pass out."

The woman let out a laugh and shrugged her shoulders, "Does it look like I care, Cade?" She asked. Her appearance was different, her once blonde locks were replaced by black locks, the curls cascaded over her shoulders.

"You're unbelievable." Cade hissed, moving in front of the T.V blocking the woman's view, making her groan and roll her head back.

"I'm unbelievable?" Aurora questioned

"Yes." Cade huffed looking down at her, "Get over yourself. Move on, Aurora, it's been three years."

Aurora's drunk smile fell from her lips as she lifted her head from the back of the chair, "Need I remind you that I have been doing this shit for years? The same bullshit, over and over again. Let's face it Cade, they'll never be welcome here. We aren't even welcome here!" Aurora shouted, standing from her chair.

"All they want is a home, you know that."

"I know, but how are we, two of the most wanted people on the planet, supposed to help them find someplace to stay?" Aurora asked, her words slightly slurring as she spoke, angry tears threatening to fall, "We both know that the government is going to catch up with us. They'll find us, they'll take the bots and then us. We'll be locked up for the rest of our lives, or they'll kill us on the spot."

Cade watched as the woman stormed around the chair and placed the glass down on the table and turned back to the man, "I don't know about you, but I'd rather go out on my own terms." Aurora shrugged as she grabbed the bottle of whiskey and poured another glass, "The chances of me being able to get out of all this alive, is small. I'm considered a terrorist, a threat against the entire country, and probably against the entire world."

Cade stared at the girl as she downed the glass in her hand, she wasn't the same person she was before China or after it. As time went on she began to lose hope that the Prime was ever coming back. Now here she is, so much pent up anger and sadness inside of her was just waiting to come out. But it never did.

"It's not good to hold in your emotions."

"Just leave me alone, Cade. I'm an adult, I can handle myself." Aurora stated as she walked out of the trailer and out in to the junk yard.

Cade watched her walk away as Bumblebee lowered his head to the window and looked at the man and gave a sad whir, "I know Bee, I'm worried about her too."

»»————- ☠ ————-««

Aurora let out a laugh as the small girl chased after her, the little girl giggling as she ran. The little girl latched onto the woman's leg and tackled her to the ground and continued to giggle, the two men watched with smiles on their faces from the house.

"Counting days, counting days since my love up and got lost on me. And every breath that I've been takin' since you left feels like a waste on me."

"Aurora?"

"Yeah, Annabelle?"

"What's a soulmate?"

"I've been holding onto hope that you'll come back when you can find some peace. 'Cause every word that I've heard spoken since you left feels like a hollow street."

The woman in question smiled as she pulled the small girl onto her lap and looked at the black haired man who spoke to Will.

"It's a...well it's like a best friend but more."

"I've been told, I've been told to get you off my mind. But I hope I never lose the bruises that you left behind. Oh my lord, oh my lord, I need you by my side."

"It's the one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else."

"There must be something in the water, 'Cause everyday it's getting colder. And if only I could hold ya, you'd keep my head from going under."

"It's someone who makes you a better person,"

"Maybe I, maybe I'm just being blinded by the brighter side. Of what we had because it's over, well there must be something in the tide."

"actually, they don't they make you a better person, you do that yourself,"

"I've been told, I've been told to get you off my mind. But I hope I never lose the bruises that you left behind. Oh my lord, oh my lord, I need you by my side."

"because they inspire you."

"There must be something in the water, 'cause everyday it's getting colder. And if only I could hold you, you'd keep my head from going under."

"A soulmate is someone who you can carry with you forever."

"Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh,"

"It's the person who, knew you and accepted you,"

"It's your love I'm lost in, your love I'm lost in, your love I'm lost in. And I'm tired of being so exhausted."

"believed in you before anyone else did, or when no one else would."

"Your love I'm lost in, your love I'm lost in, your love I'm lost in. Even though I'm nothing to you now, even though I'm nothing to you now."

"And no matter what happens, you will always love them."

"There must be something in the water, 'cause everyday it's getting colder. And if only I could hold you, you'd keep my head from going under."

"Nothing could ever change that."

"There must be something in the water, 'cause everyday it's getting colder."

"Like you and uncle Orion?" The small girl asked as she looked over at the man.

"Yeah, just like uncle Orion." Aurora smiled

"And if only I could hold you, you'd keep my head from going under."

________________

SONG: BRUISES ~ Lewis Capaldi

What's a soulmate? ~ Dawson's Creek.