48

Chapter 48

"Every moment is a fresh beginning

"Every moment is a fresh beginning."

»»————- ☠ ————-««

Awkward was an understatement that referred to Aurora's life. Being back to living a semi normal life was awkward and odd for her, going out in public without being chased by the police, and to top it all off, not being shot at every day.

The blonde woman pushed the metal cart in front of her as Izzy tossed random foods and drinks into the front. The young girl looked at the blonde and watched as she constantly checks over her shoulder as if someone was going to attack her.

"You don't have to be so tense and paranoid, Aurora." Izzy told the older woman as she tossed another product into the cart. 

Aurora huffed as she rolled her shoulders, "Sorry, it's a force of habit." Aurora muttered looking back at the young girl in front of her. Izzy nodded her head, understanding why it's hard for the woman to let her guard down after everything that has happened to her in the past.

"Cade said he wants pizza pockets." Izzy stated with furrowed her brows as she looked at her phone, reading a text from the man. "He's an old man and he wants pizza pockets?" 

"Cade is weird." Aurora deadpanned as she grabbed three boxes and placed them in the cart before pushing it to the cashiers spot. 

As she was walking out of the ailse with Izzy on her trail, a body crashed into her making her grunt and catch the arm of the girl before she hit the ground. 

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." The girl said as she looked at Aurora, her mouth dropping open as she made eye contact with the woman in front of her. "Aurora?"

"Mikaela?" Aurora questioned back as she looked at the woman in front of her before pulling her into a hug. "Holy shit, Mikaela!"

The two laughed and embraced each other, swaying side to side as Izzy watched in total confusion. "How are you? How are the bots?" Mikaela asked as she pulled away from the hug and looked the woman up and down, noticing new scars on her body.

"I'm good and the others are good. How are you? I haven't seen you since my wedding." Aurora asked as she continued to push her cart up to the cashier and place the items on the belt.

"I've been good, been traveling and working. I actually own a shop here in town." Mikaela smiled as she helped her old friend unload her groceries. "I heard about Sam..." A sad smile made its way across her face as she watched the blonde frown.

"Yeah, he did what he could." Aurora mumbled before shaking her head and looking at Mikaela, "But that's great to hear! How long have you had your shop here?"