39

Chapter 39

"The broken girls are the flowers of the Earth, they grow through the tough conditions, they bloom for themselves

"The broken girls are the flowers of the Earth, they grow through the tough conditions, they bloom for themselves."

»»————- ☠ ————-««

The two Autobots walked behind Cade and Aurora as they followed the butler Transformer. Aurora looked around the large castle like building as they approached it but jumped in shock when an object landed in the ground next to them.

"What's the matter with you?" She heard the old man ask the tank behind him who transformed.

"Shit. My bits are falling off." The old bot said as he caught the falling pieces before they hit the ground.

"Idiot." The man muttered as he looked over to Cade and Aurora. "Hello there."

"What the hell?" Bee asked as he pointed at the hole in the ground.

"Master, he's a complete knucklehead." Cogman told him as he took the dogs leash from him.

"I'm awfully sorry about that, but you see, he thinks it's still the year 1918 or 1914. Something like that." The man apologized on behalf of the transformer. "So sad." He continued "World War 1 and all that stuff. I mean... battle of the Marne, battle of the Somme, battle of the Marne, battle of Passchendaele. Trenches and mud and death and gore and all that. It's terribly sad."

The old man looked over to the transformer, "It's a long way to go Tipperary, it's a long way to go." He spoke, "Yeah, but it's...it's terrible. I mean, so sad, you know? But then, I mean... Isn't it? I mean, this late onset of well... Robot dementia. It's not pretty at all." He continued to talk as Cade stepped forward.

"I don't know what you're smoking in that pipe, man, but..." Cade started

"What's going on here? Did you drag us to some transformer retirement home?" Aurora asked as she looked at the old man who said nothing, "Look, somebody better start talking, or we're outta here." She told him, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Okay. Bumblebee?" Bumblebee looked down at the old man, "We only met when I was a little boy in short pants. I must have been that tall." He held his hand up showing his previous height, "Maybe taller. Or maybe shorter, I can't remember. But I never forget a face."

"Bee, you know this guy?" Cade asked the bot who shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't fuck with you." Bee said through the radio. Aurora gasped as the man grabbed her wrist.