Day 15

Last night..

Chaeyoung ran as fast as he can to the third floor of the hospital. He tripped and bumped into things but he not even minding the bruise he got as he stumbled. Number one hospital rule is to not run inside the hospital but he broke it anyway.

When he arrived there, the room was opened. Some of the nurses and two of his doctor friends were inside, they circled around a bed that used to be someone's he knows. His heart dropped as soon as he saw a winding sheet already covered her body.

He was late.

Chaeyoung stiffened at the doorway, thinking whether he should come in, or not. He wasn't ready to face the truth.

"Chaeyoung.." Hyun turned his head and noticed that Chaeyoung was standing there with unexplained emotions. Everyone's attention was coming to him.

"She's-"

"No, no one is allowed to say that." Chaeyoung took a step closer.

"Doctor Chaeyoung, Mrs. Lou.."

"I SAID NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO SAY THAT!" he half-shouted with a trembling voice. A tear is about to escape from his eyes, and he was trying his best to hold it.

Everyone froze on their place, they never saw Chaeyoung being like this. He used to be someone who has bright energy with a smile plastered on his face every day. But today, something hit him really hard. Again.

"I'm sorry," Chaeyoung realized that he did something out of his control just now. "Say it, Dr. Hyun"

"6.25 PM" Dohyun lowered his head, he took a deep breath to continue. As a doctor who took Chaeyoung's responsibility, he needs to say it.

"Dissociative disorder patient, Mrs. Lou, 68 years old..."

"..."

"Died because of Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome." he finished his statement.

Chaeyoung finally teared up. He stood beside Mrs. Lou's bed and opened the winding-sheet so he can watch her face for the last time. Then, he slowly held his patient's hand,

"Grandma.." he called, but the latter didn't give him any response.

"I'm happy for you now. After a long long time, you will finally meet your true grandson.. I bet you miss him very much right? I'm sorry about all these lies I told you, I just want you to be happy and spend the rest of your life peacefully.."

"Thank you for always be there every time I felt sad. Thank you for always giving me advice whenever I got into trouble, S-simply, thank you for everything. I'm sorry if I wasn't there at the last second of your life.. I'm sorry I was late..."

For Chaeyoung, even though he already lost many precious people in his life, he still not used to this condition. The same feeling, that brought him back to the time when his parents and foster grandma passed away, suddenly came again today.

Hyun patted Chaeyoung's shoulder without saying anything. He never expected that today is the last day for Mrs. Lou.

She was fine yesterday. She even talked to him and asked him to took a picture of her because she said she wanted to send it to her family. Hyun didn't know,

that was the last thing she wanted to do.

....

The next morning,
6.00 AM