Chapter 9 - The Attack

POV: Xelqua + Verix (I switch POVs during the fight but I'll start out with Xelqua)

Location: The "skies" above the Watcher Academy

Narrowly dodging an attack from an admin, I sent a blast of silver magic at them that hit them square on the chest, causing them to almost fall out of the sky.

I winced, for some reason feeling bad for the admin. However, the feeling did not remain as I continued attacking admins.

My blonde hair blew backward from the air pushing it as I flew at another admin, sword at the ready.

He raised his sword and blocked my attack, getting a glimpse of my face.

I swooped past and turned to attack again.

I took note of this admin's clothes. He was wearing a black hooded shirt as well as a black mask that concealed everything but his eyes. Dark green eyes glared at me, no sign of mercy in them at all. A brown strap reached across his chest, connecting to a quiver in the back. However, the most interesting thing is that he had magical purple wings on his back as if he had conjured them up. Good thing to note, I thought before attacking again. Most admins don't have their own wings.

I managed to send this admin spiraling down toward the void before another one swooped down to save him. This one was wearing an odd green set of armor as well as a gray helmet, a purple-tinted visor over his eyes. I narrowed my eyes as he flew up on red conjured wings and faced me, his sword at the ready.

Gritting my teeth in anger, I clenched my sword tightly and flew at the admin. He charged at me, his sword ready at his side. Neither of us stopped.

~POV CHANGE~

I looked around for a new enemy, my red armor slightly splattered with the blood of some of the admins. Those were mostly accidents, really. Luckily, the blood wasn't that noticeable.

Then, I saw him. My focus narrowed in on one admin who was currently attacking Xelqua.

Anger and hatred blinded my vision as I held my sword tight.

Pushing off with my strong wings, I charged at Xisuma, my twin brother.

He barely managed to sense the attack coming and spun to block the attack.

Eyes wide under his visor, he completely forgot about his fight with Xelqua and was forced to focus on me as I continuously attacked him.

I did not notice the shocked look of Xelqua as I took away his fight. I was too focused on my hatred for my brother.

After we fought with neither side winning for a few minutes, we broke apart for a moment, both of us breathing heavily.

"Why, Evander?" he asked, concern and worry filling his eyes.

I gritted my teeth at the mention of my real name.

"I am not Evander anymore. I am Verix, of the Watchers," I growled, gesturing to myself grandly as I stared down my brother.

Tears began to fill his eyes. However, it was fear for me, rather than for his life.

"I'm sorry I was so cruel to you, Evander," he said, not looking like he could fight any longer.

However, I didn't care.

With a snarl, I charged at my brother, who barely managed to raise his sword in time to block the attack.

His eyes narrowed as he remembered why the admins were there. Focusing on his goal rather than his personal feelings, he fought harder against me, nearly overpowering me at times. However, I held my own, my emotions raging through me like electricity.

Soon, the fight turned magical. I sent a blast of red magic at my brother, who narrowly dodged out of the way before sending a slightly lighter shade of red magic at me. I flicked my hand and a shield absorbed it. (yes, at this point in time they have the same color magic. deal with it c;)

He sent a stronger blast at me, this one requiring me to block it by channeling my magic through my sword.

Xelqua flew over to me, clearly intending to help. However, one glare from me sent him backing away, fear evident in my friend's eyes. But my rage was too extreme to get pushed down by one look of fear in my friend's eyes.

I knew I had to get this fight over with. Most of the admins had already fled, save a few of the more powerful ones, my brother included.

Gritting my teeth, I flew at my brother. However, just as we were about to collide, I dodged out of the way and spun around, now behind him.

Sword raised, I charged at him.

I pushed him closer to the Academy, my plan evident in my eyes.

Once he was close enough to the land, I spun around and slashed my brother's red wings. The magic blinked in and out of existence before finally dissipating and leaving my brother to supposedly fall to his death.

I didn't care. I just flew at another admin, not caring to check if he actually would fall.

~POV CHANGE~

I watched in shock as Verix's brother fell to his death.

I let out a silent sigh of relief as he caught onto the edge of the endstone floating above the void.

Raising my hand and making sure Verix wasn't watching, I surrounded "Xisuma" in silver magic and lifted him onto the endstone.

Surprised, he spun around, only spotting me.

We held eye contact for a few moments before another admin swooped in to help him.

I turned away, unaware of what events I had just set in motion.

I remained in the air while the admins slowly began to leave, most of them injured from being attacked by the skilled 3rd-year Watcher Initiates.

I let out a gasp of pain as a blast of golden magic flew past my side, searing the clothes in my gap of armor.

I turned to see who it came from and felt a wave of emotion come over me.

There, a good two dozen feet away, hovered Myriel the Prime Admin.

(about 950 words)

(I like cliff hangers :D)

(I like this idea)

(Ima keep writing now :3)