Chapter 43 - The Echelons

(T/W for blood and pain)

(*chucks an extra-long chapter at you*)

POV: Grian

Location: His base

I blinked open my eyes to see sunlight filtering in through my cyan-stained windows. I yawned and stretched before sitting up and grabbing my communicator to check it. It was 9 am but I didn't have any new messages. So, I decided to message EX that he could come to the meeting.

Grian: hey Xisuma

Grian: can you let EX know he can come to the meeting

Xisuma: yup

Xisuma: he's reading over my shoulder right now

Xisuma: that reminds me

Xisuma: G can you come over to my base?

Grian: uhm sure

Grian: be there soon

Slightly confused, I got out of bed and headed through my Nether portal. Once in the Nether hub, I found which one was Xisuma's and went through.

I looked around and managed to find my way to Xisuma's bedroom. I went inside and saw Xisuma sitting with EX on his bed. I smiled slightly as I noticed EX leaning on Xisuma's shoulder with his helmet off and a soft smile on his face.

They both looked up as I entered and smiled in greeting. Well, EX smiled. I had no idea if X did.

"Hey," I said, closing the door. "Why'd you need me to come over?" I asked, walking over to them.

"Well," Xisuma began, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "I figured you'd want to see EX's reaction when I give him... This." He pulled what looked like a wristband out of his pocket and handed it to EX.

The white-haired twin looked down at the wristband in confusion as he took it. His eyes lit up and he smiled warmly. "Thanks, Xisuma," he said, looking up at his brother.

I finally saw what the wristband was: a communicator. I smiled too and said, "Hey, now we can talk over text."

He looked over at me and grinned mischievously. "You're getting all of the memes and spam now," EX said, a mischievous tone in his voice.

Xisuma looked over at me, the same mischievous glint in his gaze as he crossed his arms. "Now, I don't have to hear it endlessly all day," he said. "You'll get it instead."

"Oh-ho-ho, I see how it is," I said with a sly grin as I crossed my arms. "Bring it on, see what happens," I responded boldly.

I began getting a bit fearful of my choice of words as a sly grin grew on my friend's face as he exchanged a mischievous glance with his twin brother. However, I stood by my choices and decided to change the subject.

"We should probably get ready for the meeting," I reminded the scheming twins.

"Oh, right," EX responded, looking down at his clothes. He was wearing a red tank top and faded black jeans that probably belonged to Xisuma. "I don't think this is right to wear to a meeting with Admins..." he said sheepishly.

I chuckled. "I'll let Xisuma help you figure that out. Also, you can wear your helmet, the Admins won't be scared because you won't have red glowing eyeballs underneath," I said with another chuckle.

EX smirked at me and stood, strapping the communicator onto his wrist. "See you soon," he said.

Xisuma stood as well and went over to the closet to look inside.