Chapter 15 - Release

POV: Xelqua

Location: Watcher Academy

I gritted my teeth in effort, my hands raised and magic flowing from them. Silver magic met mine and the silver magic coming from my hands changed to golden magic.

I relaxed, knowing that I would be okay. I calmly took over the Instructor's magic beam and stopped just before my magic pushed him back.

The magic vanished and Instructor Zerothke looked at me with a nod of praise.

It was the final exam during my 6th year. So far, I had managed to pass the ones I'd already had. If someone couldn't pass the classes by the end of their 6th year, they were humiliated by having to go another year to finish everything. They had to remain in the Academy while a new generation came. It was very embarrassing to have to go another year.

I retired to the circle while Verix walked up to take my place.

Zerothke sent a continuous beam of silver at Verix, who pushed back with silver magic.

I watched as Verix overwhelmed Zerothke and displayed his control by stopping just before he was going to hurt Zerothke.

He returned to the circle, a small smirk on his face after seeing the praise in Zerothke's eyes.

I would've congratulated him had we not been ordered to remain silent.

We watched as Gorekth struggled to succeed. However, he barely managed to pass the test, his purple magic overtaking the Instructor's magic.

Once everyone had taken the test, everyone circled up and waited for the next test. 

"Come," Zerothke said before marching off down one of the halls. I glanced at Verix and we followed him.

Soon, we arrived in a large circular room with multiple entrances where all of the Initiates of the generation were waiting.

We joined the outer circle and looked toward the center where all of the Instructors were standing.

"Protect yourself," Zerothke said before getting into an attacking stance.

I raised my hands and created a shield in front of me as a blast of light flew toward me. Around the room, nearly every Initiate did the same. The ones who didn't immediately fell to the ground, unconscious.

I glanced at Verix as our cloaks billowed in the wind. He smirked at me and turned his shield into a beam of light that pushed back his opponent's magic.

I smirked and did the same, my golden magic shining bright against Zerothke's silver magic. I figured he had attacked me because he was one of the strongest Instructors there so it made sense for him to test the strongest student.

Zerothke pushed back, his own cloak billowing behind him.

I gritted my teeth as he pushed even harder than the other Instructors did to their students. However, I did not give up.

I continued to push back and as I looked around the room, I noticed most of the other students pushing around the same time that I was. The balls of light were getting closer and closer to the Instructors.

Even though I got distracted, I managed to continue to push and as the balls of light reached the Instructors, every student stopped sending their magic.

A few students laid on the floor, unable to get up. However, everyone else was standing tall and proud.

Zerothke and the other Instructors lowered their hands and clasped them behind their backs, praise in their hidden eyes.