Chapter 19 - Memories

(So uhhmm I want Grian to have a cup of tea so ima break the laws of Minecraft for a bit and say that tea is one of the drinks that exist in Minecraft)

(mention of blood)

POV: Grian (Lol almost wrote Xelqua by mistake)

Location: Mumbo's base

I sipped a steaming cup of tea as I sat down in the chair placed beside Mumbo's bed. He was still unconscious and hadn't woken at all.

I had taken over for Xisuma that morning after he found Stress asleep at Mumbo's beside during the night and I could tell he had been beating himself up for not protecting Mumbo better. However, I didn't confront him about it as I wanted him to actually get sleep. I hoped he had actually fallen asleep.

I returned my focus to Mumbo and took a sip of my tea. He still seemed like he was just asleep but I knew that wasn't the case.

I sighed and returned my thoughts to the positive things. He was alive and he wasn't going to die, I wouldn't let him.

I stood up and walked over to the window, looking outside at the sea. I noticed a streak of red coming toward me from the sky and immediately knew who it was.

I watched as EX landed near me and greeted him with a small smile.

Keeping his helmet on, he came over to Mumbo and looked him over. "I wouldn't have taken control of his body had I known this would've happened," he said quietly, his voice filled with regret. I quietly sighed. "I know," I replied.

I went over to the chair and sat down, still holding my tea. EX grabbed another chair and pulled it over.

We looked up as the sound of rockets came from nearby. I saw a green armored player fly closer, his head covered by a helmet. From what I could see, Xisuma hadn't slept.

"You were supposed to sleep," I said as he landed. He shrugged and replied, "I couldn't."

His gaze landed on EX and the red-clad Watcher looked away.

"You two better not start fighting," I said, looking between the two of them. Xisuma sighed and didn't respond.

Instead, he headed over to Mumbo and looked down at the unconscious hermit. "Has there been any change?" he asked without looking away from him.

Now that he was closer, I could see bags under his eyes through his purple visor.

"No," I answered. He didn't respond again.

EX leaned forward, resting his elbows on his thighs as he looked off to the side.

"Why were you at that Academy?" Xisuma asked, startling me before remembering EX was beside me. I managed to hide my surprise and waited for EX to respond. "I don't know," he answered after a few moments. "What d'you mean?" Xisuma replied, looking confused as he placed his gaze on EX. The Watcher sat up and met his brother's gaze. "I do not know why I was at the Academy. I trained there and it just so happened you decided to attack while I was there," he replied.

Xisuma glanced away for a moment. "How'd you get there?" he asked. EX sighed. "Xisuma, they took my memories," he said. Xisuma's gaze snapped to him, his eyes widened slightly in surprise. "What?" he managed to reply. "I don't remember where I was before the Academy. All I can remember is a few good times and... A few bad times," EX explained. Xisuma froze a bit, knowing what he meant.

"EX, I want you to know that I was shocked when my friends attacked you like that. I could already tell you had broken something when you fell but I just froze. I couldn't move, I couldn't..." Xisuma paused for a second, looking away as he searched for the right word. "I couldn't help," he said, glancing at EX with guilt and regret filling his purple gaze.