Chapter 47 - Preparation

(Ahhh this took longer than I wanted it to, sorry guys. I got hit by a wave of stress and never got around to finishing the chapter until today. But don't worry! I got an iPad yesterday and it makes it A LOT easier to write chapters on. Also, I'm feeling less stressed now and I have more motivation to write, so it'll take less time to write chapters. The only problem I have is trying to figure out how I want these last few chapters to go, so this should go great(!) Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter!)

POV: Technoblade

Location: The Admin HQ

One moment, I was opening my mouth to answer a question Myriel asked. The next, my senses were being flooded by an unknown sensation and I found myself on my knees.

After a short while of my ears ringing, Myriel calling my name began to reach me. My chest heaving, I looked up at her, a greenish tinge suddenly over the world.

"Techno?" she called, concern audible in her voice along with the sound of confusion. I figured she must've felt at least partially what I just went through.

The ringing in my ears began to subside and I was able to sit up straighter and look up at Myriel. After I noticed the greenish tinge beginning to fade, I said, "I'm okay... I think something bad just happened."

"I can tell. What was that wave of emotions?" she asked, confirming that she had felt something similar to what I felt as well.

I answered as I tried to stand, "It's like... The connection of the Watchers to our 'overlords' was just suddenly severed."

"You're free from their control?" Myriel asked for confirmation.

I nodded. "Yes," I answered, "I can't feel any exterior power in my mind."

Myriel's Prime Admin aura shone brighter as she scanned me. Moments later, her aura dimmed to what it was before and she nodded. "I can't find anything else either," she confirmed.

I let out a relieved sigh. "Does this mean you're going to let us out?"

She nodded and said, "Only those confirmed to be free of influence will be let out of the cells."

"So are you going to-" I said awkwardly, reminding Myriel that I was still very much in a cell.

"Right," she said before going over to the cell doors and unlocking it.

I exited the cell, glad to finally be free of both the Listeners and the Admins for the first time in a while.

"So," Myriel began as she swung the cell door shut. "What now?"

I let out a slightly shaky exhale. "We prepare," I answered.

"For what?"

I turned to meet her gaze. "For the war destined to happen."

————————————————————

~POV CHANGE~

I glanced at Iskall and Sam with wide eyes before turning and exiting the room once again, the two of them close behind as I hurried toward the exit of Iskall's base. I wasn't aware of Sam pausing to explain to the Readers that they would be back soon.

The moment sunlight reached my face, I realized something. Were the Watchers able to feel that as well?

"We need to get prepared, now," I said, a clear tone of urgency and authority in my voice as I automatically switched to Prime Admin mode.

Iskall and Sam nodded, neither of them objecting as I teleported the three of us to Xisuma's base.

Once inside, we discovered Xisuma looking worriedly at Evander, who was now leaning against the wall.