Chapter 44 - MunchyMC

(T/W for blood and gore)

(Sorry for the week or so of inactiveness, I got hit hard by the bus of lack of motivation TwT)

POV: Grian

Location: The Admin HQ

As I looked into Bad's glowing white eyes, I saw truthfulness in their bright depths. "I see," I quietly responded.

"Look, I'll tell you all about it after we save my server," he said, pulling out a glowing diamond sword.

"Of course," I replied, brandishing my sharp obsidian blade.

He turned and ran through the portal with me right behind him.

————————————————————

MunchyMC was a mess. The blue glass that made up the faux ocean wave was covered in holes from explosions. The wooden ship that made up spawn was covered in debris from explosions that were already being fixed by the Admins. The city below the wave and ship was partially on fire and seemed a lot less beautiful than it normally was.

Bad ran forward, his glowing eyes wide as he took in the sight of his destroyed server. Skeppy walked up to him and protectingly placed a hand on his shoulder, clearly hoping to comfort him. "The server is locked to players, right?" he asked.

Bad glanced at his communicator and nodded. "Only Admins are allowed to enter anymore," he quietly replied.

"Let's take down these Watchers," Myriel announced, her gaze sweeping over the gathered Admins.

Just on cue, various hues of dark magic began to fire at us. I swiftly blocked a blast of silver magic while Mumbo smoothly blasted a Watcher out of the sky with his red magic.

I chuckled quietly to myself as he stared in surprise at his hands, his eyes now glowing red. He was always surprised at his newfound magic.

Returning my focus to the Watchers, I ran across the bow of the ship and jumped off, summoning my large white wings midair.

I barrel-rolled out of the way of a falling Watcher and flew toward the burning city.

A weight suddenly appeared on my back, forcing me to crash land on the sand. By some miracle, my hood didn't fall off.

I waved my hand and pushed the unidentified weight off of me with magic, rolling away. I jumped to my feet and finally saw who I was facing: Xalum Joe Hills.

I narrowed my eyes under the black mask as I summoned my obsidian blade back to my grasp.

Xalum has a sly grin on his face as he looked toward me, his dark purple veins pulsing slightly with magic.

I wasn't a match for him, and we both knew it.

He sent a beam of dark purple light at me, forcing me to dodge. I shot a blast of golden magic at him, but he easily blocked it.

Xalum ran forward, the obsidian blade in his grasp glinting in the sunlight. He raised it and swung down toward me. I raised my blade to block but was not expecting him to attack again so soon. Before I could react, his blade struck my left forearm, drawing blood in a thin line. I pushed him away and backed away, gritting my teeth against the pain in my arm.

A blast of red magic flew past Xalum, barely missing him and striking the ground in front of him, scorching it. We looked up to see Mumbo dropping down toward us, his hands and eyes glowing red.

I backed away as Xalum and Mumbo began their fight. I had to get out of there before Xalum sapped my golden magic anymore.

I spread my white wings and flew off in search of another opponent.