Chapter 46 - Needing Help

(*laughs in I just accidentally took over a month to write this*)

(Yeah, sorry about that, I started school and had even less motivation to write than I did before =w= Thankfully, I just reread ATUS (literally just now, I completed it about an hour prior to writing this-) and got a whole ton of motivation to continue this and deal with the sheer number of Readers I have to add to the book-)

(I'm just going to say, the Readers are in this chapter and if I got any of your genders wrong, please let me know so I can fix it- I basically just used "them/their" for people I was unsure on and couldn't use context clues on-)

(Alright, I'll stop boring you, the rest of the A/Ns will be at the end, hope you enjoy the chapter! (and please, any of you who can dm me on Discord, please make sure I'm actually working on this- I don't want to accidentally take another month to write Chapter 47-))

POV: Grian

Location: Admin HQ

Just as I was just about to turn and hurry down the hallway, Xisuma spoke up. "I have one more question."

"Yes?" Techno replied, a look of curiosity in his eyes as he met Xisuma's gaze through the purple visor.

"What were your intentions with my brother?"

I raised my eyebrow slightly at the question but remained still to listen.

"Ah, yes, your brother," Techno mused before falling silent for a few moments. "Verix, or Evander, is a very powerful Watcher, as you may know. My 'overlords' wished for him to be on our side. Of course, that plan fell through," he finished.

"What would you have had him do if he remained with you?" Xisuma continued.

Techno hesitated before sighing. "Eventually, he would've been ordered to kill you," he answered, quieter than before.

Xisuma stiffened so slightly that only I seemed to notice. "I see. Thank you, Techno," he said in a level tone.

"No problem," he replied. "I'm happy to help the best I can."

Myriel turned to me, saying, "You can go on without me. I have a few more questions for Techno."

I nodded to her before turning and hurrying down the hall with Xisuma and Iskall right behind me.

Eventually, after multiple corners and staircases, we made it to the HQ portal room. This portal room wasn't very large at all, as it only had ten portal platforms along each wall. However, there were control panels in front of each one that allowed you to switch the destination of the portal to where you wished to go. It was rather handy, and it would've been smaller if there weren't so many admins nowadays.

With a glance at Xisuma and Iskall, I went over to one of the swirling white portals and switched the destination of the portal to Hermitcraft. The white changed to the color of golden blocks, the color often used in relation to Hermitcraft.

Iskall went in first, Xisuma following after glancing at me.

Before following, I checked the code of my communicator and made sure it wasn't logging that I had ever left Hermitcraft. It wasn't, so after making sure I was alone, I stepped through the whitelisted portal.

————————————————————

Xisuma has joined the game

iskall85 has joined the game

I let out a sigh as we went back to wherever we last were in Hermitcraft, Xisuma's base.