Chapter 42 - Getting Out Alive

(T/W for small mention of blood)

POV: Grian

Location: ???

I looked up at the purplish-gray stone brick ceiling as an alarm began to blare through the halls. Joe was no longer anywhere in sight so he must've been the one to tell the Watchers of our presence.

I glanced over at Xisuma as he stated, "We need to get Evander and get out of here."

"Let's go," Iskall said, heading down the hallway with a light green sword in his grasp.

Even though his suit was covered in mud, Mumbo summoned a red blade and followed Iskall, leaving me with Xisuma.

X looked at me, meeting my worried gaze. He placed a hand on my shoulder, saying, "We'll make it through."

I smiled slightly and nodded.

X lowered his hand and summoned a light purple blade before running to catch up with Iskall and Mumbo.

I turned and spotted a camera pointing right at me. I felt a smirk grow on my face as I looked right into the lens. I summoned my silver-and-white blade and allowed light to flow up my arm, just to prove I was coming.

Then, I turned and ran down the hall after the other Hermits, slowing once I reached them.

"By the way, they do have cameras so let's hurry," I mentioned.

"Well," Iskall began with a smirk.

Light orange light flashed beside him and the teenage girl appeared beside him, her arms crossed and a smirk on her face.

"We may be able to fix that," Iskall finished.

"I can't do too much but I can do this because you could do it too," the girl said as she turned toward the wall, placing her hand on the stones. Light orange light flowed out of her fingers and into the wall, toward the cameras in the hallway. Sparks flew and the red light turned off on all of them.

Once she was finished, she turned back to Iskall. "I can't interfere anymore," she said. "I have to go now."

"Wait," I said before she left. "What's your name?" I asked.

A smirk grew on her face and she exchanged a knowing glance with Iskall. "C.H.," she stated. "¡Adiós!" she said with a grin on her face as she waved.

Light flashed around her and she disappeared from the hallway, leaving me to remember what Iskall mentioned about her.

"Well," Iskall began, breaking through my thoughts. "Let's go."

We turned and began to walk down the hallway. This wasn't the Academy so I had no clue where anything was. I realized it was probably the Watcher HQ and realized he was probably there.

I glanced at Xisuma as he double-tapped on his communicator, bringing up his Admin screens. He swiped through one screen while we walked, clearly searching for something. He stopped as he found what he was looking for: the player list. He began to scroll through it in search of EX's name but never found it.

"Search for Verix," I suggested, looking around his shoulder.

He nodded and scrolled down to the Vs. Sure enough, his name was right near the top of the Vs. He tapped on it and pulled up on his player information. "Okay, it has his coordinates. Let's head toward them," he said, looking up from his screens.

"I'll keep an eye on our coordinates," I said as I double-tapped my own communicator. A golden screen appeared in front of me and I had to quickly turn it to silver so no one would see the Prime Admin color.