Chapter 32 - His Return

POV: Grian

Location: His futuristic base

I stiffened at his words, worry flooding my light blue gaze and my throat tightening up as tears threatened to escape my eyes. "Do-Do you really think he didn't have a choice?" I said quietly.

Xisuma dropped his gaze. "That's what I'm afraid of," he softly answered.

I looked away, asking, "Who would it have been?"

"It must've been the Watchers," Xisuma answered.

I let out a sigh and closed my eyes as I tried to sort everything out in my mind. Opening my eyes, I wandered back over to my parrots and sat down, beginning to pet one of them.

Gritting my teeth, I clenched my free hand into a fist in anger. "They've taken him for the second time. We're getting him back." As I spoke, I turned to look at Xisuma with enough rage in my gaze that the lower-tiered Admin took a step back in fright. He hesitantly nodded, his eyes wide with fear.

"What is it?" I asked, my anger fading a bit as I saw how scared Xisuma looked.

He hastily teleported a mirror to his hand and gave it to me. I took it and looked just in time to see my eyes fading from a light green color back to light blue. My eyes widened in surprise.

"That's not normal..." I said.

Xisuma sighed, crossing his arms and glancing away. "I guess when you get angry your eyes are going to change color now," he said.

I sighed and lowered the mirror, staring at the grass in front of me. "I guess so," I quietly responded. I reached out and gave him the mirror, which he then teleported back to wherever he had gotten it from.

Xisuma glanced out the window and realized what time it was. "Come on, Grian, time to sleep," he said, looking back at me and unfolding his arms. I sighed and nodded, accepting his help to stand up.

He calmly led me to my bed and I sat down, memories of the past season flashing through my mind. Xisuma gently rubbed my back and I found my eyelids getting heavy. I laid down and to his delight, quickly drifted off to sleep.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

~Time Skip! (Brought to you by Joe Hills)~

I opened my eyes when the sound of beeping came to my ears. I sluggishly pulled up my communicator but was immediately woke up when I saw what it was. There was a notification from First Prime Admin Myriel. I sat up quickly and tapped on it to open it.

Myriel: hey Xel, how are you doing?

Myriel: ready for the All-Admin Meeting?

I hastily typed and sent my reply.

Grian: yeah i am

Grian: I'm still going to hide my identity though

Myriel: that's fine

Myriel: whatever makes you feel better

I couldn't help but smile at the message.

Grian: thanks Myriel

Myriel: no problem Xel :)

Myriel: see you soon

Grian: see you soon

I lowered my communicator and got out of bed. I glanced at the time. It was 9:30 am. I sighed and decided to leave for the Prime Admin Quarters. I pulled up my communicator and tapped on Xisuma's icon.