Chapter 39 - "It Has Begun."

(Thanks to Hermittpad_Star for giving suggestions for the title XP)

POV: Scar

Location: The Shopping District

I calmly walked through the Shopping District on my way to Cherry to restock it. I placed down the Shulker boxes that contained the new stock and began to fill up the chests and storage units. Soon, everything was restocked. I put the Shulker boxes back into my inventory and just began to wander through the Shopping District.

To the player's eye, there was nothing different about the District. However, I could still see the cracks where EX had created the rift that he escaped through. I could see the red and silver marks where his magic had struck. I could see every spot the magic users had slammed onto, including where I crashed-landed. The spot where I crash-landed was a pale blue color, the same as Vex magic.

I let out another sigh and continued to walk.

I paused as a voice reached my ears, calling my name. I turned to see a certain blonde and blue-eyed Hermit running up to me.

"Oh, hey Zedaph," I said, my voice kind of quiet and solemn.

"Hey Scar," he responded, his face in a slight grimace as he looked at me with worry in his gaze. "You okay?" he asked.

I shrugged and glanced away. "Just thinking," I replied.

"D'you want to talk about it?" he asked.

I glanced back at him and let out a quiet sigh. "You saw me during the battle with EX, right?" I said.

He nodded, answering, "Yes, you had Vex wings."

"Yeah. Since I'm a Vex-cursed player, I can see auras and where magic struck." We were nearing a very specific spot that was filled with light green magic so I decided to mention it. "For instance, this is where Iskall sacrificed himself for Grian," I pointed out. Zedaph looked at the spot and nodded slowly even though he couldn't see anything.

Smirking slightly, I reached out and grabbed onto his wrist, allowing my magic to slightly flow into him. His eyes widened as he looked around. "Woah..." he said in awe. "You see like this all the time?" he asked, looking back at me.

I nodded, my smirk fading a bit.

He looked back at the spot where the most magic had been used. "Wow..." he said quietly. "I guess it's a good thing Iskall's back," he said. "He has the most magic of us all."

"Well," I said, pulling my hand away from his wrist and letting his vision return to normal. He looked at me as I finished, "Grian's the most powerful for... Multiple reasons."

Zedaph's eyebrow raised slightly but he didn't question my statement. A voice sounded behind us and we turned to see another blonde Hermit and a brown-haired Hermit coming up to us.

"Hey Zedaph," Tango greeted. "Hey Scar," he continued. I smiled slightly in response but didn't say anything.

"Everything okay?" Impulse asked.

I nodded, replying, "Yeah."

"You wanna hang out?" Tango asked.

I shrugged. I had nothing better to do so why not. "Sure," was my response.

The four of us hung out for a while until the sun was at his highest point in the sky.

While we were walking along a path, something suddenly felt wrong. A wave of magic abruptly rushed over me, making me stop in my tracks. The members of Team ZIT glanced back at me and I looked up at them with wide eyes.