Chapter 16 - Arrival

POV: Grian

Location: Hermitcraft season 6

I let out a surprised gasp as I stumbled out of the portal onto the green grass.

Verix fell beside me and looked around in surprise.

He immediately got up and started looking around, his face now covered with his gray helmet.

"What-" I coughed, remembering to stop speaking in Galactic. "What is it Verix?" I asked with concern in my eyes as I stood up.

"This server... Is controlled... By Xisuma." Verix's gaze snapped to look at me, causing my skin to crawl slightly in discomfort.

"H-How do you know?" I stammered in confusion.

He looked away with a growl. "We're twins. I just know these things," he replied.

He looked back at me. "I'm sorry, Grian," he said, using my first name. "I'll be around but you must not let anyone know I'm here. Please."

I sighed and nodded. "Fine," I replied reluctantly.

He let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you." He turned to walk away but paused and glanced back at me. "Also, call me EX now. Xisuma may end up explaining that to you," he said before running off into the trees and disappearing.

I turned to look at the portal from where I stood halfway down the hill it was on.

It began to glow a bit and I watched in surprise as a bunch of people just lagging out of the portal.

"Oh. My. Goodness." I said, backing away a bit in fear of all of the people. "Many people are lagging out of a portal," I said with a laugh, causing others to laugh as well.

A bunch of people questioned who I was and I replied with, "Hello!" rather than really answering.

My gaze was drawn to one person in particular as they yelled, "For Sparta!" and ran at me, giving me a small push that sent me backward a few blocks. He immediately apologized by saying, "Sorry, I just felt that when we ran to you." He ran back up the hill, leaving me chuckling.

Someone oddly familiar said, "I've got a lilac for you," and placed a lilac bush beside me.

"Oh thank you," I said, getting distracted by wondering why she seemed familiar.

I heard someone say, "Wrong server everybody, back in the portal," and I laughed along with some other people.

Some more jokes were made and I finally got to ask the question I needed an answer to.

"Uh, how does... Hermitcraft... Work?" I asked before laughing.

Someone exclaimed, "Non functionally!"

An older looking hermit said, "Like a great big psychotic dysfunctional family."

My attention was drawn to someone very familiar when they said, "I'm not sure about psychotic but okay." I realized that it was the admin I had saved during the attack.

I reasked my question and Xisuma began to go off on a short tangent to try and explain it to me. He told me to ask the question again, which I did, and summed it up by saying, "It's us playing Minecraft together, geez."

I chuckled with the others and noticed that the same girl from before gave me some seeds. I thanked her and finished meeting everyone.

Then, everyone scattered. Xisuma gave me a map of the island we would be staying on as well as a compass before leaving. I decided where I wanted to go and headed out.