Chapter 27 - Burns

(casually listens to elybeatmaker's remixes while writing this(ps if u haven't, go check him out))

(erm, yeeah there's not really any fluff in this... I'll... Get back to u on that... later... uhhhh have fun seeing how evil I can get!)(ps, apparently it's a lot...)

POV: Grian

Location: Area 77

Taurtis let out a gasp and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I thought you left!" I exclaimed, tears forming in my eyes.

"I was taken," he told me quietly.

"By the Watchers?"

"Yes."

"But why didn't I..." I trailed off, remembering Scar was in the room.

"There's more than one Academy," he said while pulling away and meeting my gaze.

EX let out a growl. "Of course there is," he growled quietly.

Scar looked between us, bewilderment showing in his wide green eyes. "You know this Watcher?" Scar asked, looking at me.

I stiffened slightly and looked at him. I looked at EX and let out a sigh. "Seriously?" I asked.

"He could see my aura," he said with a shrug.

I facepalmed with a sigh before looking back at Scar. "Yes, we were in Evo together for a while," I answered.

He nodded slowly before looking at Taurtis again. The Watcher lowered his hood and looked around.

"Where exactly am I?" he asked.

EX and I exchanged an amused glance. "You're in Scar and Doc's Area 77, on the Hermitcraft server," I said, looking back at my old friend.

"Huh," he commented as his gaze ran around the room.

Taurtis suddenly grimaced and pulled his broken wing in. His eyes grew wide as he froze. "My mask isn't on," he said, his voice filled with pure shock as he stared at his wings. I exchanged a confused glance with Stress and she gave me a shrug showing that she didn't know either.

"That's not supposed to happen," I said, my gaze trailing back to Taurtis's bewildered face.

"Let's not worry about that now," Stress said. "Let's just get back to Hermitville." The rest of us agreed and managed to stand, all of us injured in some way besides Cub. With Scar leaning on Cub and Taurtis on me, we exited the bunker and hastily took to the sky. I had noticed while we were walking that Taurtis was walking with a limp, meaning one of his legs had been hurt too.

After a lot of rockets and Taurtis spreading his good wing to catch the air, we made it back to Hermitville. Iskall was surprised when we came back with another wounded but saved his questions for later.

Doc was unconscious on a bed and Cub was helping Scar over to another bed. I sat Taurtis down on the third bed and gently stretched out his broken wing to take a look at it. EX and Stress came over to try and help.

Joe dashed over to Scar with healing potions and bandages when he saw that his wounds seemed to be getting worse.

Taurtis grimaced as I pulled it out but he didn't make a sound. Stress calmly went to get some bandages and wrapped his wing up in a way that would help the bones heal.

"I wish we could use magic to heal him," I whispered to EX. He nodded, not taking his eyes off of Taurtis.

I realized I hadn't seen Xisuma and glanced behind me to see him coming over to us with bandages in his grasp. I noticed his arm was wrapped in a white bandage where he had gotten hit by magic by Galenthyl. He held out the bandages and I reluctantly gave him my arm so he could dress my wound.