Chapter 20 - Scars

(Two updates in a day or so? Wowww)

POV: EX/Verix

Location: Scar's base

I put a hand up to my mouth, realizing what I did. Scar stared at me in shock.

"I'm a bit rusty in Galactic but..." he trailed off, his eyes wide. "You shouldn't be able to know it."

I let out a quiet growl and turned away.

"You asked why my aura is purple, how can you see it?" I asked without looking at him. "Well..." Scar said hesitantly.

I turned to look at him and stepped back in shock. Pale blue wings spread behind his back, his eyes glowing white. "Y-You're a Vex," I stammered. He smiled slyly and made his Vex attributes disappear, the glow of his eyes vanishing. "Vex-cursed player, yes," he replied.

"Now, what are you?" he asked, crossing his arms. I sighed and turned away. "I can't say," I said with a frown. "Why not?" Scar asked quietly.

An image of myself and Grian-Xelqua- tortured and bleeding out appeared in my mind. I couldn't say anything.

Quietly, I answered, "I may get in danger." Scar fell silent. He let out a sigh. "I won't ask," he said, looking away. "Thank you," I quietly said, relief filling my voice.

He remained silent for a few moments until asking, "EX, where's Mumbo?" I turned to look at him, my surprised expression hidden from his view. "He hasn't responded to anyone's messages since yesterday and I find out you just suddenly came here... I wanted to ask," Scar said, holding his wrist.

I sighed, my shoulders dropping a bit. "I wanted to see what I could do and I possessed him. He had less magic than I thought he did and he reacted badly... I didn't mean to hurt him," I answered quietly, guilt filling my voice as I looked away. Scar smiled sadly. "Will he live?" he asked. I nodded in reply. "Then you don't have to worry about it," he said, his smile growing.

I looked at him and met his gaze. "How do you stay so positive?" I asked. He shrugged. "I know what it's like to be in bad situations and I've learned it helps to look on the bright side," he answered. His voice quieted and his smile faded as he continued, "I know what it's like to be hurt."

He shook his head and perked up. "But there's no point in dwelling on the past because you can't change it. What you can change is the present. You are in control," he said, his smirk returning. I smiled a bit and nodded. "Thanks, Scar," I said quietly, a hint of gratitude in my voice.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment. "Grian was watching him this morning. Stress has probably taken over for him by now," I said. Scar nodded slowly. "You'd better go find him," he suggested. "He could probably use your comfort." I nodded and turned away.

I quickly gave him back his elytra. "I think I have enough durability on the one Grian gave me to make it back to the Shopping District," I said to him. He nodded. "Stay safe, EX. And don't let the other hermits get to you," Scar said. "They only remember you for what you did rather than what you are now." I nodded. "Thanks, Scar," I said with a slight smile. He smiled. "Any time," he replied.

"Bye," I said, walking off. "Bye," he replied.

I spread my elytra and rocketed off, remaining close to the water so that if it broke as I was gliding down to the ground, I wouldn't fall, crash, and possibly die.

I made it back but my elytra broke just before I reached the land. I crashed into the water, letting out a quiet gasp at the cold temperature. I swam to land and dried myself off, pulling the broken elytra off.