Chapter 22 - Shenanigans In May

(This title is actually fitting because of three things: 1) It's currently May. 2) Grian's 1.14 episode aired during May. 3) I really wanted to reference May the Fourth in my chapterrr)

POV: Grian

Location: Grian's base

I shook my head. "I don't know," I answered quietly.

"Grian... There's something else," Stress said quietly.

I looked up to meet her gaze.

"We need you to update the server," she said.

My eyes widened. "Me?!" I exclaimed quietly.

She nodded. "You're the only one who is strong enough to do it," she replied.

"How am I supposed to update the server without everyone seeing?" I asked.

She smirked. "I think you can come up with a ridiculous enough way to 'pretend' to try and break past the barrier," she replied.

I nodded slowly, an idea forming in my mind. I grinned as the idea took shape. "I think I know what I can do," I replied.
—————————————————————————————————————————————
I grinned as I placed the final bit of Redstone and stepped back to admire my work. In front of me sat a flying machine that may even half-impress Mumbo Jumbo!

I made sure nothing was going to accidentally activate it and waited for the right time. It had taken me a day to construct it and I knew it would take nearly all day to get there.

My communicator beeped.
Xisuma: Alright, the update to 1.14 is happening at 3 pm today. Everyone better be there on time or you may get left behind.

I glanced at the time. It was currently 10 am. That meant I had 5 hours to get to the barrier. Should be enough of time, right?

Shaking my head to clear it of thoughts, I got everything that I would need for the trip ready and climbed into the boat. This included putting on my Watcher mask.

EX came in right as I was about to activate it. "Uhm," he said, confusion filling his voice and hidden gaze. I giggled and waved. "See you at the barrier!" I called before updating the observer that would make the whole machine work.

It roared to life and I began to fly off into the distance. I let out an excited laugh as EX watched me in complete and utter bewilderment.

"You're insane, you know that right?" He called to me. I chuckled and yelled back, "I know! You are too!"

He chuckled to himself and equipped an elytra that had mending and unbreaking on it, courtesy of Xisuma. He pulled out rockets and jumped off the edge, spreading his wings and flying after me.

"Don't fall off!" he yelled before flying off to find something to do for 5 hours.

I chuckled, unaware of his unintentional foreshadowing.
————————————————————————————————————————————
I let out a surprised gasp as I fell out of my boat for the second time. I quickly spread my elytra and managed to get back on the machine with a little bit of difficulty.

I grinned as the barrier came into view, as well as all of the other hermits.

I waved down at them and they came up to greet me.

I noticed EX standing on a nearby mountain, his arms crossed as he watched me.

"I'm gonna break through guys, I'm gonna ram it," I joked to the hermits around me.