Chapter 1

Dance is an interpretation of a person's soul.

•|•|•|•|•

At a large beautiful duplex in Magodo estate, Lagos State, Nigeria. In a spacious room filled with a reading table, a wardrobe and toys all around. There are two small amps on the table and a bed resting on the middle of the wall.

A young girl is sleeping on the bed. She is brown skinned and her hair is plaited all back.

The amp turns on and a music beat plays. The girl smiles, her eyes open and  she gets out of bed. The girl bobs her head and moves her feet to the beat as she goes to the bathroom.

She hums and brushes her teeth. She takes her bath and walks out of the bathroom. She dances and skips to the wardrobe she wears her school uniform. 

The girl smiles and grabs her bag. She dances perfectly to the beat.

The door opens and Sandra stands there carrying a young boy. The girl smiles nervously and stops dancing.

"Aramide, what did I tell you about dancing early in the morning?" Sandra scolds.

"Sorry Mommy but music helps me wake up".

"I don't understand how you get the energy to dance every waking day" Sandra says and turns off the music.

"Good morning Mom" Aramide greets.

"Good morning dear" Sandra smiles. They walk out of the room and see a man in the living room.

"Good morning Daddy" Aramide greets and hugs her dad.

"Good morning,How are you?" Her Dad asks.

"Fine" Aramide smiles.

"I don't understand why you let her have those amps in her room Ken. She causes noise every single day with that thing" Sandra complains.

"Anything my baby want, she gets it" Ken answers.

"You have spoilt her" Sandra says.

"Let's not talk about that now. They are going to be late" Ken says "come on kids". Ken and Aramide go outside. Ken opens the car door for Aramide and she enters. Sandra puts Aramide's younger brother, Moyo inside.

"Make sure your brother doesn't fall Ara" Sandra says.

"I won't fall mommy" Moyo pouts.

"Don't worry Mom, I won't let him fall" Aramide says. Ken enters the car and drives off.

•|•|•

At the school,Ken parks his car and opens the door for Aramide and Moyo. He carries Moyo down. "I am not a baby daddy" Moyo says.

"I know you are not a baby. You are a big boy now come" Ken says. He escorts Aramide and Moyo inside.

"Take care my babies,give me five" Ken grins and high fives them. Aramide takes Moyo with her and Ken leaves.

Later, in the assembly hall. Aramide is with her friends. "I saw you come in Aramide,was that your father's car?" A girl asks, "because it looks different from the one before".

"Yes it was" Aramide answers proudly "his former car was getting old so my dad bought a new car. It is the latest model". One of her friends rolls her eyes.

Sometime later, in Aramide's class. She is talking to some of her friends.

"...my Dad bought me a light up sneakers. It looks really cool when I dance" Aramide smiles.

Later, Aramide is talking to her friends outside. "...my dad bought me two big amps. I have them in my room".

Later, some of Aramide's friends are talking. "Aramide is so annoying and such a chatterbox. My daddy bought me this,my daddy bought me that,ugh" a girl frowns.

"Are you jealous?" Gloria asks.

"Forget being jealous. Aramide is a braggart" a boy says, "and it is not nice".

"Aramide just likes telling us what she has. It isn't bragging" Gloria says.

"It's just too much and nothing you say will justify it" the boy replies "I wonder why I hangout with her anyways".

•|•|•

In a dark warehouse, Ken walks in and sees four men. One of the men give him a bag.

"I am quitting" Ken says.

"Not yet Ken, we have one more job. We just have to kidnap one more person"

"I am done with kidnapping Juwon. I have a family and I don't want them to get in trouble because of me" Ken says.

"One last one Ken. This will be the big one, you can establish big. You need to maintain your lifestyle" Juwon says "one last one".

Ken grunts in defeat and nods.

•|•|•

In a big room, a woman is standing there with some children. Aramide is among them.

"Okay children, show me your moves" the woman smiles. Some children dance then it's Aramide's turn.

The song 'All of you' by John legend plays and Aramide dances perfectly. She ends the dance and everyone claps. She joins the class.

"That was amazing Ara" Gloria says happy.

"Um, really. I thought I did terribly. I need to do better" Aramide says. The boy, Gloria and some of the children look at her.

"She doesn't brag about what she knows best, strange girl" the boy says.
___________________________________________

How did you find the chapter? I hope it matched your expectations.

Don't forget to VOTE COMMENT and SHARE.